Top 10 lists editor: Add a "preview" option

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Top 10 lists editor: Add a "preview" option

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 month ago#1
Currently, the top 10 lists editor gets the job done for the most part but is missing an important feature: a "preview" option.

This is because the way your list appears in the editor is not the same as how it appears when the list is actually published.

- All text is in text boxes
- Box art or screenshots are always shown as small thumbnails, regardless of the size of the image that is linked

This has created some confusion from authors.

- Sometimes images they include in lists have turned out a lot larger than they expected them to be. In some cases, it may lead to some lists being needlessly rejected because the images are too large.
- Things like font and formatting can also occasionally change between what it looks like in the editor, and what it looks like when the list is published.
- Additionally, when proof reading, it would be easier to spot errors if you could read the list as it would appear when published.

Considering that, unlike FAQs, Top 10 lists can't be edited by the user once they are published, it's incredibly important that what is submitted is what the author expects to see.

My suggestion is to include a "preview" button in the top 10 lists editor somewhere. The Formatted FAQ editor and even the Review editor already contains this function...heck, there's even a preview button when you're posting on the forums, so it makes sense to bring it across to the Top 10 list editor as well. It doesn't need to be complicated - just show us exactly what the list will look like when it's published.

Thank you for your consideration.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
1 month ago#2
Yes please. This would be incredibly helpful for too large images in Top 10 Lists.
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/Xc7AXlT.jpg

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
1 month ago#3
Please do this.
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
1 month ago#4
Do this. Do this. Do this.

SERIOUSLY! DO THIS!
PSN: Growllanser
@Kashell_Triumph

User Info: BlueGunstarHero

BlueGunstarHero
1 month ago#5
Signing in agreement. Would be useful.
Play my freeware game Overrwyrld; a Zelda-inspired puzzle adventure where nothing is random!
https://stayingsquareinma.wordpress.com/games/

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#6
*signs*
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
1 month ago#7
I really want this now as I can't tell how big my images are in when they're finally posted.
*signs*
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/Xc7AXlT.jpg

User Info: Archmonk Iga

Archmonk Iga
1 month ago#8
Great idea, my single list had images of varying sizes that made the entire page look disorganized. I support this suggestion!
It's not up to you, and it never really was.

User Info: QuickSpinsZero

QuickSpinsZero
1 month ago#9
A big improvement that is surely needed! Signing in agreement!
Spin Into The Future!

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#10
Yes. This would be a huge convenience.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Top 10 lists editor: Add a "preview" option

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.