Suggestion: Two minute hate topic added to flaming TOS violation

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Two minute hate topic added to flaming TOS violation

User Info: gyrobot

gyrobot
1 week ago#1
Two Minutes of Hate, a moment in George Orwells 1984 where the proles of Oceania channel their frustrations on Goldstein as demanded by the Party has become a popular way to describe topics with no discussion content except for s***posts.

With an ever increasing disregard for the ToS seen across the boards I feel like the moderation staff is in sore need of new means to reestablish their authority on the board. we need a rule for a topic to encourage discussion instead of s***posting to speak such as silly jokes, general toxic behavior that contagiously spreads to all users in the topic. This would discourage trolls and low effort bait topics on certain board where it feels like it has descended to near anarchy

While some people say there is the ignoew button we cant keep using the ignore button as a placebo, proper moderation is the key to a healthy board and its time we have a way to fight off one disease
Arizonians are not Fremen, they keep out of the sun as much as possible, and that they only survive through the copious use of air conditioning. - Damar

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#2
*anti-sign*

I like s***posting and silly jokes. Yes, toxic behavior is bad, but we shouldn't ban all of the other fun things just because it's not an actual discussion, and if the toxic behavior escalates enough you should mark the offending message.

And the ignore button isn't a placebo - if you don't like someone's posts/topics, then, hey, you don't have to see them. It's made browsing some boards less of a chore for me. Sure it's a Band-Aid and doesn't cover alt accounts or returning banned users, but there's no perfect solution.
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

User Info: gyrobot

gyrobot
1 week ago#3
Eevee-Trainer posted...
*anti-sign*

I like s***posting and silly jokes. Yes, toxic behavior is bad, but we shouldn't ban all of the other fun things just because it's not an actual discussion, and if the toxic behavior escalates enough you should mark the offending message.

And the ignore button isn't a placebo - if you don't like someone's posts/topics, then, hey, you don't have to see them. It's made browsing some boards less of a chore for me. Sure it's a Band-Aid and doesn't cover alt accounts or returning banned users, but there's no perfect solution.

I do all the time but because so far there hasnt been any rule that makes ir effective it gets ignored and the toxic community continues to contanimate others who then feeel if one site's behavior is ok with such methods of oosting they then go elsewhere with a similar mindset.

Ignore is used when you are tired of seeing certain topics made by one person but it is ineffective in changing their views or attitude. It needs to be tempered with rule enforcement
Arizonians are not Fremen, they keep out of the sun as much as possible, and that they only survive through the copious use of air conditioning. - Damar

User Info: Raptornado

Raptornado
1 week ago#4
Want to know how I know you didn't read the sticky?
Trust me.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Two minute hate topic added to flaming TOS violation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed