Suggestion: Allow community board owners to edit sticky topics

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Allow community board owners to edit sticky topics

User Info: D-Qwon

D-Qwon
2 weeks ago#1
Let me start by saying that I've done a search to see if this has been brought up before, and I've seen topics requesting the ability to edit sticky topics going as far back as 2014. In every topic, people respond by saying that it's being considered, that it has NOT been rejected, and that the reason it may be taking to long to implement is that it's low on the list of priorities for site updates. It is now 2018 and it's still not possible to do this.

I understand that it may be low on the to-do list, but it seems like it should have been implemented by now.

I don't even necessarily care about sticky topics in general, but just an option for community board owners to edit sticky topics on their own boards would be sufficient.

There's a sticky topic on my community board that needs to be edited (and will need to be edited periodically in the future). I know I can just delete and re-post it, but that would end up deleting related conversation (responses) within the topic which is something I'd like to prevent.

I hope you will consider this idea for a 2018 update. Thank you for reading.
Get your groove on!

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
2 weeks ago#2
*sign*

There are some fair reasons this would take time and isnt high priority for even board owners. For one, stickies only need updated once a year at best after the board is going, for another the onus would still be on the owner to update all the info in the sticky so it isn't all that different than making a new topic altogether.
Hive Mind of Dark Aether, the unofficial Metroid Social Private board.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/851-dark-aether

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#3
*signs*

I understand that this is low priority, but I';m surprised that over the past 3-4 years they never found the time to get around to it. I'm not a talented programmer, but this feels like something that would be fairly easy to add, as the "check if they're board owner", "check if it's a sticky", and "edit a topic" code already exists. Of course, if I'm wrong, feel free to say so!
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).

User Info: BrelenRaven

BrelenRaven
2 weeks ago#4
*Signs*

That would be extremely useful for updating board rules or something like a Gamertag list. Hopefully it's further up on the list of to-dos now, ha! :D
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen. But just call me Brelen.

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
2 weeks ago#5
*signs*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
1 week ago#6
*sign*

I don't see how this is a bad idea.
Si monumentum requires, circumspice
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi | ACNL Dream: 4700-6572-1851

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 week ago#7
Me neither.

A major "Signs"
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
1 week ago#8
signs
[This sig has been deleted by a GameFAQS member]

User Info: zachflash

zachflash
1 week ago#9
*Signs*

As a community board owner this would definitely be helpful, such as with needing to change links that go bad. Thanks for bringing this up!
Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1242-mount-zion (Christian Community Board)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: occupine

occupine
1 week ago#10
*signs*

Doesn't affect me but I see the value
The Self Professed Bray Wyatt of the PWB. Bo Dallas for President.
Despair will always trump hope. Miu Iruma is best gril
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Allow community board owners to edit sticky topics

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.