Get rid of the "from the web" clickbait at the bottom of the page

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Get rid of the "from the web" clickbait at the bottom of the page

User Info: JAYDAKID977

JAYDAKID977
1 week ago#1
You can keep the Gamespot stuff, just get rid of that "they took the same picture for 40 years, don't cry when you see the last one" or "If you're over 35 you'll love this game!' crap
I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
1 week ago#2
This is never going to happen. Either ignore it or get an adblocker.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: EmmatheBest

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#3
People who give up too easily are the reason Trump is in office (if you live in the US).
Pokemon X FC: 1650-2669-7104 / IGN: Sophie / Friend Safari: Cacturne, Nuzleaf and Inkay

FarplaneDragon
1 week ago#4
That has to be one of the most idiotic things I've read on this board. The section in question is part of the sites advertising. Ad have not and likely will not and will never be dictated by this board. If they're causing a problem, report them. If you just don't like them, get a blocker or get over it.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 week ago#5
It is very annoying, yes, because many of the ads seem to lead to fake news and/or other misleading info and when you go to click on it to state why you don't like the ad, it goes away only temporarily.

But thankfully, it's at the far bottom of the page so unless you always go through the whole page, you really won't have to see them all too often, so it shouldn't be a huge issue here. It's worse on the yahoo front page since they are scattered throughout the list of news links. I try not to use ad blocker on GameFaqs but those "from the web" ads don't seem to be blockable when the blocker is in use, unless I'm missing something.

To get better or less annoying ads, we all have to click on the X and give the reason why it's so bad. Maybe it takes a lot of people to do. Or, since these are ads (I didn't realize they were ads until recently), send in a feedback ticket if you feel one or more are grossly misleading.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
(edited 1 week ago)

FarplaneDragon
1 week ago#6
TriforceSD posted...
but those "from the web" ads don't seem to be blockable when the blocker is in use, unless I'm missing something.

Gottta be your adblocker settings. ABP has it blocked.

User Info: purevil88

purevil88
1 week ago#7
Ublock origins works great.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TrojanPony

TrojanPony
1 week ago#8
The people who make headlines like that are often gawkers known for inciting racism or endorsing sexual abuse because it gets them clicks.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Get rid of the "from the web" clickbait at the bottom of the page

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.