Is it time to finally merge the RPG boards?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Is it time to finally merge the RPG boards?

User Info: Amethyst85

Amethyst85
1 week ago#1
17 years ago the Square and Everything Else split made sense. Square was a powerhouse and everything else was just that, everything else. That hasn't been true for a long time though. Currently the SE board only has three active topics, yet we're still limited on how much we can talk about SE games on the MUCH more active Everything Else board. The split served it's purpose for many years, but at this point it's job is done and I think it's time to merge the boards again.
It is not my job to be right. It is my job to be wrong in new and exciting ways. - James Kennedy
Dame Amethyst - Knight of the Order of Odd-Fish

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
6 days ago#2
It's very, very rare that they ever merge boards and usually requires near unanimous agreement from both boards. Also, with kingdom hearts 3 coming out in the near future I could see them being concerned over an increase in traffic that would warrant re-splitting the boards again.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Amethyst85

Amethyst85
6 days ago#3
That the thing though. There is no separate SE board community. The board has literally three active topics, one of which hasn't had a new post in over three weeks. All a merge would do is allow people to talk about Final Fantasy along side everything else, rather than having to make a topic on a dead board. The split made sense years ago but doesn't any more.
It is not my job to be right. It is my job to be wrong in new and exciting ways. - James Kennedy
Dame Amethyst - Knight of the Order of Odd-Fish
Maybe, if they aren't going to merge, just allow an "it's okay to talk about Square here" policy on the "everything else" board.
Keep on chooglin'.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Is it time to finally merge the RPG boards?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.