Easy way to farm crowns in Blood and Wine (minor spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Easy way to farm crowns in Blood and Wine (minor spoilers)

User Info: Piazza

Piazza
9 months ago#1
Don't know if you guys know this, but I stumbled upon this today (my first playthrough). I was obtaining the Grandmaster Griffin Armor set when I stumbled upon the Hanse base at Mount Crane. I killed the first wave of bandits, but not the leader, then veered off to obtain the Griffin armor. I fast traveled to craft the armor, and when I fast traveled back to Mount Crane, ALL of the bandits respawned. Killed them again, didnt kill the leader, and tested it again, sure enough it worked. I did it four times and it worked each time.

It's pretty damn effective because most of the enemies drop crowns on their own, and the sword they drop sells for like 250-300 a pop, which adds up quickly because there are A LOT of enemies. And the enemies arent super hard to kill.

I havent tested it on any other Hanse bases yet, but I imagine it will work for all of them. So if you need extra gold for your house, grandmaster armor, etc., and havent finished that quest, it's a great way to get money. Figured I would share, since it's tough finding a method that works with the most recent patch and sifting through old topics can be annoying.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby

User Info: shadowdemon0090

shadowdemon0090
9 months ago#2
there is a better way to get crowns. goto kaer morhen and goto the that small building up the hill just below the the kaer morhen fast travel sign on the map. you pick up the sword on the skeleton, save, then load save and pick it up again. I don't know why this works but it does. you would think that it would save that there is no longer a sword on the skeleton but it respawns it for some reason.

Each sword can be sold for 200-500 depending on who you sell to. the mastercraft sword smith buys it for 300, the mastercraft armourer buys it for 300 and the grandmaster smith buys it for 500.

I tried doing the mount crane hanse base, and it was impossible. the bandits up top had skulls and were like level 48 or so and when i tried it i was like 42, i am now 46, but those bandits were insanely tough, so much so that i would die in 2-4 hits, and i did like 1/20 of their hp with each hit, so i have no idea how you can say that it is easy.
GT: CrazyCaboose009 | PSN: ShadowDemon009 | DS FC: 3282-3140-9255 Shadow | "Good men mean well, they just don't always end up doing well"- Isaac

User Info: Piazza

Piazza
9 months ago#3
Really? I didn't struggle with it much at all. I used bombs, oils, etc very liberally, but I survived pretty easily.

I know the trick with the sword but the loading times in this game are very long and you don't get nearly as many crowns as using the trick for the manse bases. Sorry it didn't work out for you I guess.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Easy way to farm crowns in Blood and Wine (minor spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived