WOW that fight against the 'living statues'...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. WOW that fight against the 'living statues'...

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
9 months ago#1
Was complete b.s. that's the only time I've died in the entire game on my death March play through, and I started at the beginning of the game. It's just the Damned mages... They killed me twice. I had to resort to spamming northern wind and white raffords to survive the fight even with quen. What makes it difficult is when you roll or dodge ones spellsowrd slash thing, the next one starts while your mid dodge after the frames wear off... Making it impossible to avoid if they keep timing it like that. Also they kill in 2 hits on death March, this is in full wolven grandmaster gear. I'm level 41.

The game is very challenging thus far, but fair. There have always been legitimate patterns and ways around taking damage by studying patterns and learning to crowd control and single out enemies in groups, but 2 of those ranged mages spellsowrd attack that can hit you from where ever no matter how far away they are from you is bs, especially because they can literally pattern it so if you dodge the first you cannot dodge the second.

User Info: SugarRoll

SugarRoll
9 months ago#2
You're not alone my friend. It's annoying that you have to start the fight with the stupid ceremonial sword. There's a trick to that fight though. You can run (or dodge/roll) up the stairs. They won't follow you and you can save, medidate, or what have you. I threw a northern wind to the mage from upstairs and went in for the kill. It was easy pickings from that point on. I'm pretty sure you can cheese that fight by throwing all of the damaging bombs from upstairs but a single northern wind was good enough for me.

In a previous save, I tried fighting them head on. I'm on death march as well but I don't die from 2 hits since I'm running a tanky build. It took a lot of hits actually but the couple of mages can stun lock you by taking turns of raining down spells on Geralt. Killing the mages first makes the fight easier without cheesing the fight.

User Info: darklightevgeny

darklightevgeny
9 months ago#3
No, you are not alone,

I use a sign build, so Gerald for me is always weaker then other players, And with this fight, I had much difficulty,

Maybe you could try a few sign, like alt Ard or Axi ?

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
9 months ago#4
I did it on the 3rd try. Exactly what happened for the most part. Dodging one forced me into a roll, while the other one casted right at the end of the roll before you can dodge again, literally making it unavoidable.I should have used dimeritum bombs. They block all magic I think. Instead I used northern wind to keep the mages locked down.

The 2nd death I had was b.s.. After reloading the checkpoint save, it starts Geralt with his swords till sheathed and you can't react into 'combat mode' for like a second and a half, so the game didn't allow me to roll, and they insta killed me literally a second after reloading....

User Info: itsyourlife

itsyourlife
9 months ago#5
Circle dodging is loads better than dodge rolling
PSN: EmeraldXSnow
Unchained X ID: 50249

User Info: kelvingabaldonc

kelvingabaldonc
9 months ago#6
Try wearing cat armor, which has the highest magic resistance.
Kelvin G.

User Info: Berserker1_5

Berserker1_5
9 months ago#7
What fight is this I forgot
Mutation took us from single-celled organisms to being the dominant form of reproductive life on this planet. Infinite forms of variation with each generation

User Info: SugarRoll

SugarRoll
9 months ago#8
It's an optional quest that you encounter along the road. It's not posted in a notice board and you may have missed it. It's where you find the elven shield and it looks good as a display in Corvo Bianco.

User Info: hul

hul
9 months ago#9
If you run up the stairs they don't follow you - so you can cheese it if you want...

Geralt just doesn't cut it against mages - the Keira Metz fight can be pretty tough.

Doesn't help that the game goes into auto-lock-on mode and the only way you can move fast in the fight is rolling - which obstacles prevent.

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
9 months ago#10
SugarRoll posted...
It's an optional quest that you encounter along the road. It's not posted in a notice board and you may have missed it. It's where you find the elven shield and it looks good as a display in Corvo Bianco.

http://www.gosunoob.com/img/witcher3_quests/npc_Merchant_map1.jpg

^ Link to a screen shot of the quest location. I think I missed it too, because I don't have the shield on display, but reading about the fight rang a bell. Have to check completed quest log when I get home.
PSN: SaintAkira42
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. WOW that fight against the 'living statues'...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived