not using any RAM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. not using any RAM?

User Info: Smakkyoface

Smakkyoface
3 years ago#1
Pc specs are in my sig.

Im playing campaign right now and task manager says its only using 3.6gb or ram. Then I keep getting an error saying windows is low on memory so cod has to close. I have windows 8.1 x64. And this game is supposed to use at least 6 gigs of ram.

What gives?
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz | 48GB DDR3 1866 (40GB RamDisk) | SLI Evga Gtx 670 FTW | Samsung 256GB PRO | 1TB Maxtor 7200rpm RAID 0

User Info: mudzilla

mudzilla
3 years ago#2
Do you have page file disabled? I used to do that on my SSD(128gb) cause it frees up 3-4gb of space but your pc needs to use more ram. I used to get that same error playing TOR. Had to turn it back on so i would stop getting the error.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Defiancey-1690/

User Info: Smakkyoface

Smakkyoface
3 years ago#3
page file is enabled. the thing is RAM usage never goes past 4gb when the game is on... battlefield 4 easily gets my ram usage to 8gb. I find this baffling.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz | 48GB DDR3 1866 (40GB RamDisk) | SLI Evga Gtx 670 FTW | Samsung 256GB PRO | 1TB Maxtor 7200rpm RAID 0
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. not using any RAM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived