Will there be a demo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Will there be a demo?

User Info: cubanerror

cubanerror
4 years ago#1
Topic. To see how the controller works for a game which was made for mouse and keyboard...
PSN: xyz30-zero

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 years ago#2
not sure, maybe Blizzard might do that since it's their first console game since probably D1 on PS1 (which was ported by another company but still a Blizzard franchise.)

though considering sales wise it's already a success on PC, maybe they aren't so desperate to
release a demo for this and it will still sell based on its features and legacy.

I must admit in this case, a demo could help boost sales and get console gamers aware of its improvements and user friendly controller style. It wouldn't hurt to release a demo for this. Some companies tend to
release a demo after release, but yea it's up to them, I think it will do fine either way, but a demo could
earn more fans.

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
4 years ago#3
If it's a great game, a demo could only help them. Wouldn't hurt to pick one section from the game and put it up as a demo. But it's Blizzard, so don't hold your breath.

xenosaga123
4 years ago#4
PC version has free trial, so maybe console will too.

CapnStanky
4 years ago#5
PC doesn't have a demo. It has a trial up to level 13 via battle.net. Without Battle.net, you won't get that on a console.

cubanerror
4 years ago#6
CapnStanky posted...
If it's a great game, a demo could only help them. Wouldn't hurt to pick one section from the game and put it up as a demo. But it's Blizzard, so don't hold your breath.

That's why I asked. Even "hardcore console players" know Diablo series, except for the youngers maybe so a demo should help them to get in the flow. As for us, it could help decide buy or not to buy because of the controls-as Diablo is HEAVILY developed for mouse&keyboard usage... Even, I expect a great game and 99% to buy it. And hope it's not another Sacred 2 (PC version: ok, PS3 version: lame).

CapnStanky
4 years ago#7
cubanerror posted...
CapnStanky posted...

That's why I asked. Even "hardcore console players" know Diablo series, except for the youngers maybe so a demo should help them to get in the flow. As for us, it could help decide buy or not to buy because of the controls-as Diablo is HEAVILY developed for mouse&keyboard usage... Even, I expect a great game and 99% to buy it. And hope it's not another Sacred 2 (PC version: ok, PS3 version: lame).

If you have a 360, try the free demo of Torchlight. People that have played the console version of Diablo 3 compared it to that. The biggest differences between the console version of D3 and the PC version are:

- worse graphics, but consistently runs at 60FPS
- no auction house
- offline play allowed
- 4 player same-screen
- heavily assisted CPU targeting, making the game much easier. They also widened the area-of-effects since targeting isn't precise anymore
- number of enemies on screen greatly reduced
- roll button for all characters

xenosaga123
4 years ago#8
Console version has redone UI and equipment shortcuts.

cubanerror
4 years ago#9
CapnStanky posted...
cubanerror posted...
CapnStanky posted...

If you have a 360, try the free demo of Torchlight. People that have played the console version of Diablo 3 compared it to that. The biggest differences between the console version of D3 and the PC version are:

- worse graphics, but consistently runs at 60FPS
- no auction house
- offline play allowed
- 4 player same-screen
- heavily assisted CPU targeting, making the game much easier. They also widened the area-of-effects since targeting isn't precise anymore
- number of enemies on screen greatly reduced
- roll button for all characters

Thank you Cap, you are very well informed! I don't have 360 but have a(n old) PC, tried Torchlight 2 demo (it runs but with lags, still seems a great game) and tried Diablo's pc version. I don't care about graphics (my friend's PC is very solid, we played at the highest resolution without lagging so I was sure console version will be worse than that), I was very happy that we can play offline (even if plans to play online also we don't HAVE TO), auction house is not a big deal for me, planned to offline co-op with friends.
Now that's where things starts: the targetting. If it will be good the game will be good for sure (again, for me). Roll button=easier gameplay I think (a bit of Darksiders/God of War-feeling) and number of enemies reduced means at least it won't lag much.
Again, thanks for so much infos!

cubanerror
4 years ago#10
xenosaga123 posted...
Console version has redone UI and equipment shortcuts.

Cool.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Will there be a demo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived