This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the Treasures of the Dawning

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. So the Treasures of the Dawning

User Info: omisfly

omisfly
1 year ago#1
I had money laying around so I thouhgt I'd give the Dawning drop rates a whirl.

I don't know if I was somewhat very lucky or the drop rate is a bit higher than I thought but I got the Dawning set within 5 to 6 boxes not sure specifically,I forgot to keep check because I was honestly not expecting to get the full set right away so it made me look pretty dumb buying 20 Treasures woop lol.

As for the lamentation set, just the first 4 boxes was I able to get a full set and a bunch of chromas and that head consumable thingy, although you might wanna go for more depending on your needs/wants for perks and stats.

Out a full 20 Treasures opening however, I only got one ornament and vehicle and for horns I got 8 out of 11 that you can possibly get. (Secretly hoping for Prismatic but oh well)

omisfly
1 year ago#2
Got 10 more for my hunter and the drops was completely the opposite of what I got for my titan

2 more vehicles (Prismatic woot and Bitfire) and instead of armor galore, it was ornament galore. Got both Thorn ornaments, both Red Death ornaments, Cold something or other for Black Spindle, Both TLW ornaments and one Dawning arms as well as the Dramatic horn which is now my #1 favorite horn.

Edit: While I do still have both TLW ornaments, I actually got one on my titan and the other one on hunter, the other one I got is an ornament for Icebreaker

User Info: Mega_Vigoroth

Mega_Vigoroth
1 year ago#3
I actually want the upgraded rare sets but it wont f***ing give it to me.
I'm better than you.
http://imgur.com/XxLagtR

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
1 year ago#4
From what I've seen and experienced the drop rates are much higher than Festival of the Lost. I've almost got a full set of the Dawning armor and got a nice ornmanet and super sexy sparrow to boot. I think they realized that it's not worth the extra money made from being stingy if it's going to push your players away, especially the ones that have stuck with you for almost 3 years. And this IS the season of giving after all.
3DS Friend Code: 5387-2249-5102

omisfly
1 year ago#5
Yea I stayed away from FotL, I've seen players pour money into the treasure boxes and still to this day have not gotten whatever they wanted. Rate drops are definitely higher but theres still a few unfortunate guardians that didn't get a single piece of what they want like Mega Vigaroth above.

I still had just enough silver to buy 10 more treasures so I figured f*** it, opened 10 more and I've gotten a mixture of sparrows (THAT'S what they're called silly me) I haven't got yet and more armor that I'll be looking at closer when I get off work later on.

In conclusion to my own experience and what I've seen on videos and on here, if you're moderately lucky, you hopefully will complete or come close to completing at least one set of armor within the 6 free treasures you'll be getting throughout the Dawning. If not then likely you'll be getting mostly ornaments instead. Sparrows might take some monetary investment seeing I only managed to snag most of them in the last 10 I bought in the 30 total I've bought so they're kinda rare.

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
1 year ago#6
I got one sparrow and it's the crappy green one that looks just like the one they give you for free
Listen to Tom Waits

User Info: fathomz

fathomz
1 year ago#7
can i ask how much irl money you guys spent?
PSN = DESLGNER-_-DRUGS
gamefaqs moderators hate me ;]

omisfly
11 months ago#8
fathomz posted...
can i ask how much irl money you guys spent?

I threw 50 at it, used the last 800 of 900 to buy a legendary and rare emote. I grabbed 6 treasures that give 5 each deal for 800 for 30 total boxes where I then opened 20 on titan and 10 on hunter and still had leftover silver from when I bought some stuff during ROI launch. That I used to buy 10 MORE boxes and opened it on my titan.

So ignoring the leftover silver, I just spent $50. Plan to move all 6 free boxes to my hunter because scarlight set looks really sweet.

User Info: Moukaryuu

Moukaryuu
11 months ago#9
In the official release video for this patch, when all of the sparrows are lined up at the starting line, they take off in succession, each with a different horn. I swear I heard one that sounded like the speeder from Return of the Jedi. Am I wrong?
Now playing - Destiny: Rise of Iron (PS4)

omisfly
11 months ago#10
Moukaryuu posted...
In the official release video for this patch, when all of the sparrows are lined up at the starting line, they take off in succession, each with a different horn. I swear I heard one that sounded like the speeder from Return of the Jedi. Am I wrong?

Closest would be the bellow horn I think, I uploaded a quick sound test if you want to hear it

https://youtu.be/p2pecrF8Tlo
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. So the Treasures of the Dawning

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived