Can you change your ship's class?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Can you change your ship's class?

User Info: Blaise97

Blaise97
4 years ago#1
I've had the stupid Brig for awhile now. I dislike merchant ships. I prefer bigger ones. (i.e. Galleons, manowars etc.)
I've only found that I can change the figurehead and the sails and crap. Thats all fine and friggin dandy. but for gods sake. I for the life of me want to change the ships freakin body.

When I was recruiting pirates the game says that the bigger the ship the more members you need. Doesn't it hint that you can change class?

User Info: JackSolomon

JackSolomon
4 years ago#2
Nope. Apparently, you need a certain number of crew to board certain vessels. The bigger the ship, the more crew you need. I don't know that's the case for certain because I've never been kept from boarding a ship, since they practically throw new crew at you.

Still, you do not upgrade from a Brig. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw, end of story. You DO get to pilot significantly bigger ships for a few missions later on, though. So you'll get a taste of what it's like.

User Info: Blaise97

Blaise97
4 years ago#3
JackSolomon posted...
Nope. Apparently, you need a certain number of crew to board certain vessels. The bigger the ship, the more crew you need. I don't know that's the case for certain because I've never been kept from boarding a ship, since they practically throw new crew at you.

Still, you do not upgrade from a Brig. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw, end of story. You DO get to pilot significantly bigger ships for a few missions later on, though. So you'll get a taste of what it's like.

So I can't make it's body bigger AT ALL?

User Info: thisawesomedude

thisawesomedude
4 years ago#4
Blaise97 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

So I can't make it's body bigger AT ALL?

Did you not read what you quoted? Not being a dick but the jackdaw is fine as is once upgraded.
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
The Steel Phantom 4 years ago#5
Correct. You cannot upgrade the body/frame to be larger, or upgrade the ship itself to a new ship. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw.
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~

User Info: Gnosis_Guyver1

Gnosis_Guyver1
4 years ago#6
you want a man o war sure there powerful but slower than dirt yu wil know since in one mission you use one
Nothing is true everything is permitted.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Can you change your ship's class?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived