You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Hey guys, long-time Battlefield player here but I only just got BF4 + Premium and I've noticed that it seems to have deviated quite a bit to my favourite entry (BF2). I suppose I'm also getting older, which doesn't help, but I would appreciate some tips and answers to these questions:
1) The AK-12 seems to be shooting rubber bullets for me. I've used ADS at close range on an unsuspecting target, and needed to empty the entire magazine to kill him. Usually it seems to take 8 to 12 shots to the chest to kill a player - what gives?
2) Not sure if I'm going crazy, but it seems head shots are easier to land when I aim more for the neck area than the dome. From an elevated position, it sometimes takes 2 to 3 shots to the helmet to put someone down - is this expected or just some latency problem?
3) Fire modes - I have more success controlling my weapon when I set to auto and manually burst shots. The single/burst modes appear to have greater climb than doing it manually - expected?
4) Hip fire - it seems like there are a lot of attachments that improve hip fire accuracy, is it ever worth hip firing? I seem to only use ADS or I'm close enough to melee
5) Can I trust the hit marker? If I hose a target with bullets, receiving an X each time, is it guaranteed that the target is taking damage? I can't believe sometimes that players escape after sustained gunfire
6) Spawning - what's going on with that? BF4 seems to spawn you really close to the action. There doesn't appear to be a frontline or clearly controlled territories like BF2. In that game, at any given point you knew where most of the action was, so you could head to the main firefight or try to go around. This game, no matter where I spawn I have enemies on all sides
EDIT: For the point on spawning, I think the problem could be the small map size relative to the number of players. BF2 maps 'felt' larger, that fights would occur in a few localised areas and could be bypassed if you were stealthy enough
7) What's the best way to get unlocks? Which mode/map pack? I'm mostly using Team Deathmatch on Dragon's Teeth