Buy BF4 Premium or wait for BFH/BF5??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. Buy BF4 Premium or wait for BFH/BF5??

User Info: Vermicides

Vermicides
2 years ago#1
hey, so i just got bf4 a week or so ago. i'm pretty into it, i'm lvl17 in multiplayer and i plan on bf4 being my main ps4 shooter as far as other current FPS's go.
so i already know premium is "worth it" from the amount of content you get for the price.

but is it too late for this $50 to really be worth it? with BF5 in the making and BFH about to release, how long do you expect people to still be playing BF4?

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
2 years ago#2
You'll have no problems finding games until at least holidays 2015, when DICE's Star Wars Battlefront is likely. I doubt Hardline will draw away many MP players for long, besides that's about 6 months away. It may be a little quieter the first week or two after Destiny launches though.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
2 years ago#3
It was worth it a week or so ago when it was on sale for 32$. Since you're new to the game, I think the default maps can keep you busy till another Premium sale happens... Which could happen during the holidays.

User Info: Vermicides

Vermicides
2 years ago#4
thanks guys
i'm looking at the gold cases really.. and the maps are cool but i don't know how to use any air or marine craft so i really only play team deathmatch.
i do have destiny pre ordered. i'll probably just get it. hot often does it go on sale? i just got my ps4 2 weeks ago.

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
2 years ago#5
Its worth it. I'll still be playing this after I get destiny its my best current Gen experience so far I have always liked bf tho.
PS4-NaughtyyAssassin 360-KushAssassin2o6
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/NaughtyyASSASSIN

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
2 years ago#6
Vermicides posted...
thanks guys
i'm looking at the gold cases really.. and the maps are cool but i don't know how to use any air or marine craft so i really only play team deathmatch.
i do have destiny pre ordered. i'll probably just get it. hot often does it go on sale? i just got my ps4 2 weeks ago.

You'll probably find the game on sale often. Premium, not so much. The vehicles you can practice in some test range, which I believe is some solo map where you can try out everything without being "that guy" who pilots a heli into the ground at the start of a match with 4 angry dudes in it. And don't bother with TDM, get into CQ, start out by playing the objectives (map and class, like capping/defending flags, dropping ammo/health etc., going after vehicles with C4 and rockets, etc.) and take it from there.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: CheapGamer

CheapGamer
2 years ago#7
Once Destiny releases I doubt anyone will be playing BF4. It's just 100x more fun both as a shooter and as a game in general.

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
2 years ago#8
The vehicles are easy to use. Dont use default controls, halo style controls just dont work for bf4. Use veteran for all vehicles. It may feel weird if u haven't played bf before, but I guarantee to most it's the preferred control type.
PS4-NaughtyyAssassin 360-KushAssassin2o6
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/NaughtyyASSASSIN
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. Buy BF4 Premium or wait for BFH/BF5??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived