Seasonals

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
11 months ago#121
trying the rx7 drift trial - got a 5,407 (bronze is 5,500) whats with drift trials being so hard now? i used to get gold 1st or 2nd try on a lot of them, maye 1 in 10 i couldnt get gold on at all, but most i got gold after a few tries.
using the rx7 spirit
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#122
The only help i can give is that you HAVE to stick the long left from start to finish to get the gold. Also don't overdo it on the medium right before the hairpin, you can get a good wodge of score if you get the right line out of the right and use the slide to slow you in order to take the hairpin.
I didn't use the best car, the RX-7 was horrid to tune, it had too much grip for this kind of event. Everything's made easier by fitting Comfort tyres and going crazy on the camber.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
11 months ago#123
Hoo boy, that Chamonix TT really had me pulling my hair, but finally managed to snatch that gold by 0.1 with the Impreza Sti WRX Rally car.

Easy gold with Elise 111R at Bathurst. Only got bronze at MidField, but since I suck at drifting I'll just move on.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Diablo 3 - RoS [PC]
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#124
New Seasonals:

Beginner Non-Racing Car Challenge:
Motegi West - 3 minutes - 500PP SH
(Gathers Drider Honda Civic '98)

Intermediate Non-Racing Car Challenge:
Trial Mountain - 3 laps - 550PP SM
(ASL Garaiya GT300 Base Model)

Expert Non-Racing Car Challenge:
Tokyo R246 5 laps - 650PP SS
(Mercedes CLK Touring Car)
----------------------------------------------

The Beginner Challenge couldn't be more dull if they tried. Motegi West is that flat almost-oval with just a chicane to maintain interest, and the GD Civic isn't what one could call an exciting car to drive either. I think this is probably the least exciting seasonal i've ever seen.
Come to think of it, they're all pretty crappy challenges. The Garaiya is a decent car but i've already got it, the CLK is okay but nothing to look forward to and even though we haven't seen Tokyo for a while it's a pity it's a race rather than a Super Lap. Even the paints offered for silver and bronze in them all are off the less-interesting hues.

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#125
Actually the Intermediate event is good for cash-farming. 3 laps taking just over 5mins total, 852k for gold, repeatable. I think i'll be doing this one quite a lot over the next few weeks!

Lord Heimdall
10 months ago#126
New Seasonals:

Non-Racing Car Super Lap:
Suzuka 2014 - 530PP SH
(Toyota '86 "Racing" '13)

Racing Car Super Lap:
Streets of Willow Springs - 600PP RH
(High End Performance G37)

Non-racing Car Drift Trial:
Autumn Ring - SH
(Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06)

Tuned Car and Racing Car Drift Trial:
Circuito de Madrid (Long) - Any tires
(BLITZ DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07)

_________

All recycled stuff.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Dark Souls [PS3].
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
10 months ago#127
Ugh, i've got all those cars too.
Still, Suzuka's always fun to drive, and i was practicing my drifting at Autumn Ring just a couple of days ago.

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
10 months ago#128
I beat the Beginners challenge on motegi last night, had just bought a Tesla Roadster as i wanted something a bit curvy for the Flourescent light blue paint. So i used that. really hard to drive without the engine sound. It's hard to tell how fast you're going.

I don't mind the recycled stuff, as I haven't got most of those & i like free cars ^_^
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02

Lord Heimdall
10 months ago#129
Oh, when I say that an event is "recycled" I mean the venue and the requirements, not the rewards.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Dark Souls [PS3].
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
10 months ago#130
Suzuka = 2:13.8 - '92 NSX Type R
Willow Springs = 1:08.1 - Yellowhat Supra
Autumn Ring = 5157 - Mercedes E55
Madrid = 5414 - Camaro Red Devil

My Willow Springs time is only a Silver because i can't stand the track, in any configuration. I'm not going to waste my life chipping away for a car i've already got (and isn't very good).
I surprised myself with my Madrid score, i might try and improve my Autumn Ring score with something i've spent more time tuning.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived