Racing Online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#21
It's weird though, i haven't noticed any major lag from Australian competitors. Only the one (with Duck or something in his name) pushed me off the track but then he was doing that to everyone and promptly left when i did it to him! Again it could just be a distance from the server thing, but Brazilians typically have the worst lag from my experience. Sometimes i'm not sure if they're all trying to be Senna and going for gaps that barely exist, or if they're not where they appear to be to me.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
11 months ago#22
BarbaricAvatar posted...
Again it could just be a distance from the server thing, but Brazilians typically have the worst lag from my experience. Sometimes i'm not sure if they're all trying to be Senna and going for gaps that barely exist, or if they're not where they appear to be to me.

I'm Brazilian and I'll tell you: the majority of players here are total jerks when it comes to competitive gameplay. Still, the bad lag is a real problem.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Diablo 3 - RoS [PC]
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#23
No offence intended, just an observation.

Lord Heimdall
11 months ago#24
BarbaricAvatar posted...
No offence intended, just an observation.

I'm not offended. I'm actually agreeing with you.
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#25
Fun fact: People don't like losing to a car from the 60's!
Either that or the Japanese REALLY hate American cars. Or maybe it's just me they hate, hard to be sure. :D

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#26
I've got WAY too many saved replays, went through a chunk of them this morning. I know i whinge a lot about the bad drivers, but when you get in with a mostly good set, the races can be as exciting as any RL race to watch. I wish i had a way of recording some of these (outside of a crappy handheld camera), not only for the good races, but also to show of some of the deplorable driving i've witnessed.
I do keep a list of bad drivers just for my own reference and there is a pattern emerging where the majority hail from. It must be written into their ancestry or something, though they have had a couple of motorsport World Champions so it's not absolute. It's just the good drivers are in a minority. I don't want to be in a position where i start expecting all drivers under a certain flag to be awful!

* It's not Brazil or Japan btw!

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
11 months ago#27
I am nervous to start racing online... good thing I am only in the ib races so far.. what are the pros to racing online? Any decent rewards?
Big E

Lord Heimdall
11 months ago#28
WickedDarkJugga posted...
what are the pros to racing online? Any decent rewards?

There are really no pros to racing online, except some races without rubberbanding. The amount of fun you'll have will depend on your skill level and the luck of finding a room without people who just want to ram their cars against each other.

As for you other question: yes, Quick Match events have the 2nd best payouts in the game (losing only to Seasonal events). User-created events via lobby don't give any credits, though.
True aces fly it HARD!

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#29
There are pro's, despite my constant complaining.
For the most part the other cars are more competitive than the offline AI cars, they're also more prone to mistakes which means if you're good at staying out of trouble (my particular forté) then you'll finish top 5 in most races, extending to top 3 if you're quick enough too.
I find enough fun and fulfillment in most sessions to keep going back most days that i can. Even if you're not intending to play GT6 at all, it is worth logging in once a day to keep the login bonus at 200%. Racing online is the fastest way of making money. Your rewards depend on number of other drivers in the race as well as finishing position, but if you're a consistant top 3 performer you're looking at ~450,000 credits per race of around 3 or 4 laps. I usually make between 8 and 10 million each session.
This is just from doing "Quick Match" events, maybe more money can be made from user-created games but i'm deterred from those because voice-chat commentators are frikkin annoying.

There's always a couple of QM events which have standardised cars, meaning you're given a car or choice of car to race which are courtesy rather than your own. You can have some particularly amazing races in these events providing you're amongst fair players. There are other events which let you use your own cars though these are usually dominated by detuned over-limit cars. From my own perspective in these events i prefer to come 4th in a car which lacks something than come 2nd in the best car.

I'd say racing online is worth it not only for the actual racing it offers that the offline mode does not, but also for the amount of cash you can make in just a couple of hours!

Lord Heimdall
11 months ago#30
BarbaricAvatar posted...
There's always a couple of QM events which have standardised cars, meaning you're given a car or choice of car to race which are courtesy rather than your own. You can have some particularly amazing races in these events providing you're amongst fair players.

While this is true, it's a shame you can't vote/choose a different track. It gets boring after a while.
True aces fly it HARD!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived