Racing Online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
9 months ago#41
that happens in races in GTA O. they cant handle coming not first.
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
9 months ago#42
I did one quick match at Brands Hatch last night.. I picked the crap LFA against 6 vipers and a couple gtrs. was ridiculous I started second to last andonly passed one vehicle that wasn't making mistakes. One vehicle kept ramming me every time he caught understeer and fell off... overall it was fun but I was finishing up IB last night.

Oh and I went to get the trophie where you win by one hundreth and ended up losing a race by .003 lmjao!
Big E

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#43
Believe me, the ramming wasn't anything to do with understeer!
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#44
Weird, it didn't tell me that QM's had been updated.
Anyway, they have:

Sportscar Battle - Fuji F
Tesla Roadster, Lotus Evora, BMW 135i, Mitsubishi Evo X, Subaru Impreza Spec C, Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, Honda NSX Type R, Nissan 370Z, Nissan GT-R Nur

One-make - Roma
Red Bull X2014 Junior.

Touring Car Battle - Willow Springs (Big)
Mercedes SLS GT3, BMW Z4 GT3, Audi R8 LMS, Audi R8 LMS (Phoenix), Nissan GT-R N-24 (Schulze), Nissan GT-R GT3 (RJN), Chevrolet Corvette C6

Prototype Race Car Battle - Tokyo R246
Audi R18, Audi R18 Prototype, Peugeot 908 FAP, Peugeot 908 FAP (Oreca), Toyota TS030, Nissan GT-R LM
-------------------------------

They're all courtesy car events this time around.

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#45
Might not do much online racing this month, not keen on any of these events. I like GT3 cars but can't stand Willow Springs, the lower paced sports cars should be fun but Fuji's better for faster cars. And i dislike the LMP1 cars as well as the Red Bull nonsense.

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#46
I'm obviously in a minority where i like to keep ON the racetrack. Loads of people shooting off-track deliberately to maintain momentum in the Fuji event, that in itself is to be expected in any online racing game. But the fact that they're allowed to get away with it is what slightly irks: For tarmac racing there should be 1 clearly defined racetrack for everyone, not a rough guide that is open to interpretation.

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
9 months ago#47
BarbaricAvatar posted...
I'm obviously in a minority where i like to keep ON the racetrack. Loads of people shooting off-track deliberately to maintain momentum in the Fuji event, that in itself is to be expected in any online racing game. But the fact that they're allowed to get away with it is what slightly irks: For tarmac racing there should be 1 clearly defined racetrack for everyone, not a rough guide that is open to interpretation.

That has always been the problem with fuji
Big E

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#48
I discovered today that, except for the massive shortcut at the slowest corner, it's actually faster to stay on the track despite everyone seeming to think otherwise. I'm wondering if the GT4 system is still intact where you accelerate slower if you're off the track, even if you're on tarmac.
I welcome that this event doesn't have any catchup either, which means that if i'm faster then i can pull gaps and keep them. Which is nice.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
9 months ago#49
WickedDarkJugga posted...

That has always been the problem with fuji

That's the problem with every racetrack that has tarmac escape areas instead of gravel. There isn't really a penalty for not staying in the track.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Diablo 3 - RoS [PC]
True aces fly it HARD!

User Info: NoOne-NBA-

NoOne-NBA-
9 months ago#50
Lord Heimdall posted...
WickedDarkJugga posted...

That has always been the problem with GT

That's the problem with every racetrack that has tarmac escape areas instead of gravel. There isn't really a penalty for not staying in the track.

It's not a problem with Fuji, nor a problem with tarmac escapes.

It's a problem with GT.
Other games will flag you for those offenses, but penalizing that type of conduct apparently breaks Kaz' vision of what GT should be about.

It's the same with the impenetrable crime scene tape, 4-car wide stages, and the bobsled edges, on the "rally" stages.
I personally think those are an even worse offense, but that's because I love rally racing, and all the "helping hands" the game gives fly in the face of everything rally is about.
A gun is a tool, that will sit by idly, until you tell it what to do.
A politician is a scarier tool, that will do what it wants, until you force it to stop.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived