Racing Online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
10 months ago#61
New Quick Matches:

Supercar Battle - Indianapolis Road Course
GT500 Class Battle - Bathurst
Rally Car Battle - Chamonix Mini
700PP Race Car Battle - Monza
-----------------------------------------

At least this time around we can race our own cars in one of the events (700PP). I had a quick buzz on the GT500 race and it should be a match made in heaven but the basic setups for the cars are atrocious. It's not fun when the car isn't doing what you want it to and you can't fix it.
Another thing that isn't fun is running at the back in a snow event; not only can you not see where you're going, but you also can't see if another human has messed up and avoid a collision.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
10 months ago#62
Oh, it'll be a Chaparral 2X Vs Mazda 55 fiesta....
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Dark Souls [PS3].
"I don't like it so it doesn't take skill" - Cvdf3

BarbaricAvatar
10 months ago#63
Lord Heimdall posted...
Oh, it'll be a Chaparral 2X Vs Mazda 55 fiesta....

Chappy for sure, they appear to be favoured by the drivers who skip the Ascari chicane. Not so much LM55 though, i had a few races a short while ago using a Pescarolo Judd and i hammered the Mazda's easily; they've got nothing on the straights.

Lord Heimdall
10 months ago#64
You're right. What I've seen though is that a lot of people were cutting the last chicane intentionally.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Dark Souls [PS3].
"I don't like it so it doesn't take skill" - Cvdf3

BarbaricAvatar
10 months ago#65
Lord Heimdall posted...
You're right. What I've seen though is that a lot of people were cutting the last chicane intentionally.

Yeah, trouble is once people see that they can get away with it then they view it as a means to win and do it every time. What that means for the rest of us though is that if those drivers come up behind us then we give them no room whatsoever. 9 times out of 10 you can force a collision which results in a penalty for them. It's only fair as they're going to cheat anyway! :D

User Info: Benny44

Benny44
10 months ago#66
It seems there are a few a you looking for some good clean racing. I found a bit of a sweet spot in the PP range - 400-500. Not many people doing this online, usually a few at 500, but they go up from there. I started a club a few months ago, and it's been a pretty good success. I use CS tires (although we've done a couple nights with SH) and this seems to make the maniacs leave rather quickly.

So anyone who wants a fun, clean, casual race night send me a FR and I'll send you a club invite. My PSN ID is Bic44. We do keep it casual and friendly, usually 4 or 5 races and each night is a theme. (muscle cars, hot hatches, 60s, a car you owned/drove in are a few examples of our nights so far). The only thing I ask is that you don't take yourself too seriously. I kick anyone who is being intentionally moronic, but accidents do happen. Plus, I welcome all skill levels, and actually try and get people new to online to join. So, yeah, there's going to be some slip ups.

Oh, we race Monday evenings at 7:30 ET/00:30 GMT. There's usually at least 4 regulars, and the average race would probably be 6 or 7. We had one night with 15 racers 3 races in a row - all clean! I'm on GTplanet.net as Benny44, so you can also find me there. Sorry for the long winded reply, but I'm always on the lookout for new people to race with:-)

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#67
I'm just gonna bump this topic because i'm bound to return to it at some point. Just a bit busy with life at the mo. :D

Lord Heimdall
9 months ago#68
It's no fun racing online when you're running and FR car on a slippery track and then you oversteer and the game gives you a ramming penalty because you span and there was a car on the outside. Or when another car rams you and then you put two tires on the grass and earn a shortcut penalty...
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Skyrim [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
9 months ago#69
They really did quick race wrong... It is kinda sad how they took an entire level of depth from the game by fudging the online PvP..
Big E

BarbaricAvatar
9 months ago#70
Really enjoying the Cape Ring 400PP race. Aside from the obvious Elise's and GSXR's there is a huge variety of cars being used. I've experimented with a load myself and it's surprising how closely-matched the cars can be.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived