Just restarted on a new PS3, any quick ways to get cars and money?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 6
  3. Just restarted on a new PS3, any quick ways to get cars and money?

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13
8 months ago#1
I've got the platinum trophy and had somewhere around 200 cars, including all of the Vision GT cars and various other ones that were given away for free. That PS3 was stolen so here I am starting again.

Anything I can do to get some free stuff and accelerate my progress? I'm currently halfway through installing all the updates so I suppose I'll see if there's anything immediately free once I get in, but I'm guessing I've missed my chance for most of it. Are seasonals even still being updated?

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
8 months ago#2
1) Do the four Sierra Time Rally events.
2) Get the B license and do all available seasonals (use the credits you earned on Sierra to buy the required cars).
3) Then get the A license and keep redoing Quick Match events.
4) ????
5) Profit.

awesomesauce13 posted...
Are seasonals even still being updated?

They are, but they are 99% recycled events from past days.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Skyrim [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita

awesomesauce13
8 months ago#3
Still got some more updates to install but I took a break from them and started off by doing the Ayrton Senna events, even just getting silver in all of those got me nearly 2 mil. Decent start, I'll do the Sierra ones next then I can just work my way through all the licenses as quickly as possible

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
8 months ago#4
What's the rush?
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
8 months ago#5
Yeah, Senna events also have a nice pay, but IMO Sierra has precedence because the cars you earn there can be used to beat half of Career.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity, Skyrim [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
8 months ago#6
Just take advantage of the login bonus and do online only and seasonal events. You been around the autobaugn already.
Big E

awesomesauce13
8 months ago#7
BarbaricAvatar posted...
What's the rush?

Having already played the game for at least 100 hours, I don't really want to slog through it all slowly again. Just want to build up a decent collection of my favourites cars and money for playing around with others like I had before

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
8 months ago#8
Aww no platinum?
Big E

awesomesauce13
8 months ago#9
I do have the platinum, I earned it a few months after buying the game at launch and trophies stay with your account when you sign in on a new console and sync.

As a side note I had completely forgotten about the login bonus, tomorrow it'll be at maximum and I'll start doing the Time Rally and some other events
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 6
  3. Just restarted on a new PS3, any quick ways to get cars and money?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived