Racing Online

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#1
Forgot to bump the old topic again...

Current Quick Matches:

Sportscar Battle - London (CC)
One Make - Tsukuba - Mazda Roadster TC (Gar)
Rally Car Battle - Cape Ring North (CC)
Historic Racing Car Battle - Monza (CC)
--------

I'm not keen on the London track so the first doesn't interest me. I've done the Rally battle a few times but the population is always tiny, not surprising as the cars aren't much fun to drive. Done a fair few races with the Mazda's, i enjoy it because it's impossible to set up this car perfectly; sacrifices have to be made with regards to handling to get decent lap times. It's nice to see other people struggling too!
Haven't tried the Historic yet, but just about to! Hmmm 905 to start with methinks....
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
5 months ago#2
I feel like online racing for Gran Turismo is going to quickly get replaced by GT Sport here pretty soon, GT6 is kinda all about the single player, but at least they are keeping it up.

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#3
BarbaricAvatar posted...

Haven't tried the Historic yet, but just about to! Hmmm 905 to start with methinks....

Aaaaand it's turd-central. Those who aren't playing bumper cars, take the Ascari shortcut every lap.

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
5 months ago#4
BarbaricAvatar posted...
BarbaricAvatar posted...

Aaaaand it's turd-central. Those who aren't playing bumper cars, take the Ascari shortcut every lap.

Welcome to online sim racing.

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#5
Nah it's just the Courtesy Car Quick Matches where the problems are. People can't handle being slower in similar cars, so resort to dirty tactics. Cleaner racing can be found in the garage events (though not guaranteed obv).

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#6
Quite amusing, was doing the Historic challenge and someone took out the corner markers for the first chicane. Utter chaos ensued!

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#7
New quickmatches:

Non-racing Battle - Trial Mountain - 500PP (Gar)
One Make - Silverstone Short - VW Scirocco GT24 - 514PP (Gar)
Touring Car Battle - Willow Springs (CC)
Super GT GT500 Battle - Monaco (CC)
--------

Except for the TC battle, looks like a great set this month!

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#8
I think the Trial Mountain event may just be my favourite event so far! An eclectic range of cars in most events with very few favouring the ZZII/GSXR/RX500 obvious candidates. There's still the occassional cheat skipping the first chicane but largely the players are of a competent level. Which is nice.

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#9
It's neck and neck now between Canada and Italy as to who has the dirtiest online racers!

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#10
BarbaricAvatar posted...
It's neck and neck now between Canada and Italy as to who has the dirtiest online racers!

And just to balance the scale: The Danish are the cleanest racers i've encountered. Had a really teriffic session this evening with a bunch of them. Lots of awesome intelligent side-by-side racing, the kind that you always hope you'll have whenever you venture online but actually comes around once in a blue moon!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.