Racing Online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#11
I realise i'm the only person left posting here and i don't care. :D

I'm just going through some of my old online replays. I know there are a lot of dirty racers out there, but when you have a good run, it's really exciting to watch!
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
5 months ago#12
Yeah, I'm really just waiting for GTSport as of now.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Dark Souls III [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- [ Sky Rider ]

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#13
I do a lot of complaining on this board, but credit where credit's due.
Had a fantastic few races with user "redlady10" in the Trial Mountain 500PP QR. I was driving a Cadillac Cien, she was in an Alpine VGT, there wasn't much overtaking but we were flat-out all the way! Fairly closely matched, what i lacked in one lap pace i made up for with consistancy. She won three, i won one, and to be fair she did overtake me at the end of the first race because i always needed all the track at the exit of turn 12 while she could take a tighter line.
I enjoy being overtaken when it's done "properly"; zero contact at a place where i'm vulnerable. It shows the person passing is using their head.
Her best lap was 0.6 faster than mine, but i got the most out of myself and the car so i'm not miffed at all!

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
5 months ago#14
^My inner 'dirty old man' enjoyed misinterpreting that post.

"The American people are basically anti-intellectual." - Philip K. Dick

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#15
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
^My inner 'dirty old man' enjoyed misinterpreting that post.

Oh gosh you're right! Hahahaha :D

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#16
Interestingly the Quick Matches haven't changed with this week's Seasonal update. I hope that means they're staying! The 500PP Trial Mountain event is the best i've ever played in this game! It just has such a wide scope for experimentation on a track that die-hard GT fans know well.

Lord Heimdall
5 months ago#17
IIRC the QM change when the Seasonal Races also change.

I'm playing a little so I practice driving without the Driving Line because of GT Sport. I do fine on most tracks, expect Sierra and Nordschleife (obviously). I hope there are a lot of bad players like me so I can actually hope to win sme races in Sport.

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#18
Lord Heimdall posted...
IIRC the QM change when the Seasonal Races also change.

I'm playing a little so I practice driving without the Driving Line because of GT Sport. I do fine on most tracks, expect Sierra and Nordschleife (obviously). I hope there are a lot of bad players like me so I can actually hope to win sme races in Sport.

They do, every other seasonal change the QM's update, Except they should have changed with today's new Seasonal and they haven't. There might be 2 days left if they're suddenly going by calendar month, but i'm hopeful that if they're going to shut down the online soon then they should just leave the Quick Matches alone now.
--

Wait, they're making GTS even easier?! :o
I was kinda forced to learn Nordschleife about 8 years ago, when i decided i really should make a special effort to beat Mission 34 on GT4 and finally get 100%. It took me almost an entire weekend of retries, but in doing so i learned most of the nuances of the track. Thankfully it's barely changed with each sequel.
As for Mission 34, it wasn't not so much the challenge that was hard, it was the car setup you had to do it with and the insta-penalties if you caught one of the opponents in the wrong place.
I don't think i'll ever learn Sierra, but i have got a handle on Matterhorn Rotenboden which has become one of my absolute fav GT original tracks.

Lord Heimdall
5 months ago#19
Nah, I don't think the game will get easier because the lack of driving line. And to be honest, I used the line because it made it easier to spot the braking distances. I just hope the Brake Assist in Sport is enough to get me through. I'm worried about licenses, though.

I got 4th place in the Trial Mountain QM with an Elise 111R behind the staple cars (GSX-R and NSX LM Road Car), so I'm pretty confident I can win some online races on Sport.

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#20
Still no new QM's (which i'm cool with), looks like we're on the last stretch of online GT6!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived