Racing Online

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: fastesttruck

fastesttruck
4 months ago#21
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
^My inner 'dirty old man' enjoyed misinterpreting that post.

Ha! I reread the post after reading yours and got a laugh out of it

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#22
It's almost a guarantee. If you encounter an Italian online he's either going to be dirty or a cheat. There's just one i've encountered (crueldriver-something) who is genuinely good. The rest of them are absolutely appalling. With any luck there will be a filter in GTS where you can block Italians from joining your games! :D
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
4 months ago#23
BarbaricAvatar posted...
With any luck there will be a filter in GTS where you can block Italians from joining your games!

There's this "Sportsmanship" rank that, If l understood it correctly, increases as you do clean races. I think people will be grouped with players of the same rank, so I assume S races will be very clean ones.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Dark Souls III [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- [ Sky Rider ]

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#24
Todays entertainment:

Normal QM on Trial Mountain, i was driving an Alfa 8C and was having a close race (for 5th) with a chrome green Audi R8 driven by a Canadian. He kept trying to switch back on the corners to get tighter, faster exits. I was wise to this, so was taking a slower apex in order to block his tight exit (the normal thing to do in such a situation). On the second lap he dived down the inside of the corner onto the long straight and i turned in late in order to get the switchback as he ran wide at the exit. I eased onto the racing line inches in front of him; there was no contact, yet he honked his horn several times. Naturally i honked back as i'd done nothing wrong other than successfully do to him what he himself failed to achieve.
Last lap and i (naturally for a Sunday) got nerfed by someone else on the first tight corner and lost the position to the guy that hit me and the green Audi. Halfway down the straight, due to me being faster, i'd closed right up again and was just deciding which side to attack on when he slammed his brakes on in the traditional brake-test. Obviously i hit him and obviously i got a penalty. Yet when we crossed the line he beat me by less than 1sec. Then he apparently rage-quit.

So i sent him this message:
"GT6 is a RACING game, we were in something called a RACE. I suggest you not play if you can't understand that simple concept, dips***."

And then the fun began!

willig6969: "Nice side swipe a******. Play nice if you want others to play nice... watch the replay."
Me: "LOL Use your eyes moron, there was no sideswipe from the Alfa. I blocked your cutback manouevers because that's called racing. That's what you got pissed over; that i was wise to your predictable challenges. T**t."
willig6969: "You British c***s think you're gods gift to racing. Get over yourself."

There's more to the conversation if anyone is interested, there's a lot of mudslinging though and it's all quite pathetic on both sides. I don't recommend it. :D I'm adding Canada to the list of countries that have more s*** drivers than good ones due to todays races, and not just because of willig!

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#25
Hmm, i appear to have gotten confused with my timings, New QM's were not overdue 2 weeks ago, they were due this week and here they are:

Non-racing Battle - Tsukuba - 400PP SH (Gar)
Supercar Battle - Red Bull Ring (CC)
One Make - Motegi East - Red Bull X2014 Junior
Historic Prototype - Willow Springs Int (CC)

I was hoping the Trial Mountain 500PP event was going to stay up until GT6 was taken offline, but alas. :(
I don't really fancy any of these, i like 400PP cars but Tsukuba is so boring and chances are because it's a drift track the races will just be people showing off and getting in the way.
The Supercar battles are normally magnets for idiots, so i probably won't bother with that either, and i hate Willow Springs so definitely won't be doing that event.
I might get some practice in on Motegi and see how that pans out, but won't be as dedicated to it as i was the TM event.

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 months ago#26
I actually tried out the tskuba QM, if you find a clean room its fun, but theres a lot of jokers running the gsx-r and still feeling the need to play bumper cars. I was running a sileighty, some british moron in a gsx-r bashed into me in turn 1s exit, pushing me off track. after I got back on track, he then sideswiped me hard enough to slide my front end over a foot or so, and somehow I got a ramming penalty, even though he was on the other side of the tarmac and did it intentionally by swerving into me. Crap like that has been rampant since day 1.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#27
^ The GSX-R drivers basically think they should be ahead of you by rights and if you don't let them through then they'll ram you. For an easy life you may as well let them go, there's always somewhere where you can lift out or move aside without costing yourself much time, especially on the first lap. After just one race you learn which one's not to bother letting past next time.
Like in last month's events, there was simply no point me racing the GSX-R's as they were doing 1:29's while the cars i was driving generally only delivered 1:32's. Getting in their way was just asking for trouble.

It's a shame it has to be like this, but it does make the difference between getting annoyed and having fun.

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#28
Apologies... Bump

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#29
I will get back to playing this at some point, currently i'm in the middle of a massive PS2 games project.

BarbaricAvatar
2 months ago#30
BarbaricAvatar posted...
Apologies... Bump

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived