Anyone else have a GT Collection?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 6
  3. Anyone else have a GT Collection?

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
4 months ago#11
i think it's one of these. they were for reviewers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0tSU1I_Yl8
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
4 months ago#12
Cool. Does it come with a big wodge of credits?!
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

Andrew Shinn
4 months ago#13
not sure, not played it as i have the normal one too

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
3 months ago#14
For funsies I just quickly fired up the PS1 an' slapped in GT to see what it'd look like on a 50" HDTV...

..kinda wish I hadn't. Pixels as big as sticklebricks!

Mero: "Show me your ***t. I want to see if it's worth fighting for."

User Info: MsDbird

MsDbird
3 months ago#15
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
For funsies I just quickly fired up the PS1 an' slapped in GT to see what it'd look like on a 50" HDTV...

..kinda wish I hadn't. Pixels as big as sticklebricks!

I literally did the same a couple of days ago, holy cow 240p stretched to 1080 doesn't look so hot even with smoothing. Huge nostalgia hit though although GT2 was the first in the series I sunk large amounts of time into.
Gt: DragonEliteDTM, pawn - Ser Claudia (Mage) lv. 140.
What a large tree... 'tis even larger up close O.O

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
3 months ago#16
^Yep. When all is said and done, I'll still always have a soft spot in my gaming heart for GT.

Mero: "Show me your ***t. I want to see if it's worth fighting for."

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#17
I think the first two games still look great for their age. On PS3 the only PS1 game i've played which actually looks better with smoothing is Resident Evil. Also screen size is a big factor, my PS2 is hooked up to a 22" TV and it's just perfect for PS1 + 2 games. I tried 007 Racing on my 40" TV a few weeks ago and it looked horrendous, won't be doing that again!
But yeah, i don't have any issue with the PS1 Gran Turismo's... which reminds me i've got an experiment to do for the benefit of a moron on the GTS board...

User Info: NoOne-NBA-

NoOne-NBA-
3 months ago#18
BarbaricAvatar posted...
which reminds me i've got an experiment to do for the benefit of a moron on the GTS board...

Good luck with that.

He's a blatant troll.
He even refused to admit there were any differences between versions, when we pointed out that the top speed on some of the stock cars had changed from GT5 to GT6.
How can "everything be exactly the same since GT1, and perfectly match reality", when they've changed something as easily provable as the top speed of a factory equipped car?
If a car does 160 in one version, and 170 in the next, there's no way both cars can be perfectly matching their real life counterpart's lap times, especially on a track like Le Mans.
If ignorance is bliss, the Gran Turismo boards on GameFAQs must be the happiest place on Earth.

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#19
NoOne-NBA- posted...
BarbaricAvatar posted...
which reminds me i've got an experiment to do for the benefit of a moron on the GTS board...

Good luck with that.

He's a blatant troll.
He even refused to admit there were any differences between versions, when we pointed out that the top speed on some of the stock cars had changed from GT5 to GT6.
How can "everything be exactly the same since GT1, and perfectly match reality", when they've changed something as easily provable as the top speed of a factory equipped car?
If a car does 160 in one version, and 170 in the next, there's no way both cars can be perfectly matching their real life counterpart's lap times, especially on a track like Le Mans.

I'm more of the opinion that he's terminally stupid and believes everything that people claim. :D

Andrew Shinn
3 months ago#20
if you try them on a small CRT, with s video, they look good
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 6
  3. Anyone else have a GT Collection?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived