The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Thematic partnering

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
2 years ago#1
Am @ the point when all four goddesses are reunited :-) But have been having problems trying to pair them up ... you see, my focus of their partner setup is not entirely based on dishing out the biggest damages but whether the pairings make sense (like, according to the story ~ I know it's weird but I always set teams up as thematically true as poss.)

So far I have Vert (front), IF (back) -- this makes sense to me (despite their v strange relationship lol).

I also had Nep (front), Compa (back) -- this is good at the beginning but I think I should match Nep up with another Goddess. I think Noire would make sense here (I think I will switch her to the front during battle cos she would be a bit wasted sitting in the back?)

So for the last pair, shall I pair Blanc up with Compa (I can't really leave her out)? I also have MAGES. and Plutia ... I like Plutia a lot but I heard she is not as good towards end game? I have not played MAGES yet (I don't think she is a permanent member until the last chapter) ... not one of my fav characters...

Anyway, thoughts welcome!!
YuGiOh/ FF VII: CC/ Dissidia/ TO/ Disgaea3/ P4G/ FF Type0/ One Piece2/ FF X-2/ Natural Doctrine/ SnK I & II/ Nobunaga: Souzou/ SAO/ HNR1/ SRWZ3

User Info: S4lr4y

S4lr4y
2 years ago#2
Mh that is pretty simple

Neptune+Nepgear
Neptune+Compa
NeptunexNoire
Neptune+Plutia

Noire+Uni

VertxIF

Blanc+Rom/Ram

IF+Compa

Nepgear+Uni
Rom+Ram

and for the lulz
Vert+Blanc

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
2 years ago#3
Vert + Gear makes sense too, what with Vert wanting Gear as her own sister.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

S4lr4y
2 years ago#4
Sirius Reinhart posted...
Vert + Gear makes sense too, what with Vert wanting Gear as her own sister.

Not in Rebirth 1

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
2 years ago#5
But it did happen in mk2. I'm not sure in Rebirth 2.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

S4lr4y
2 years ago#6
Sirius Reinhart posted...
But it did happen in mk2. I'm not sure in Rebirth 2.

Mk2,Victory,Rebirth2,Rebirth3

Muesste selbst nicht vor Goetter stehen in deiner Sig?^^

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
2 years ago#7
Thanks folks ... I have now reached Ch7 and have to re-jig my party as it splits up For most part I paired up Vert with IF; Nep-Nep with Noire (thematically I think they would make a v good pair ~ and *I* actually do like them more than the other two goddesses); Blanc with Compa. I have pretty much left the others out except when dungeon crawling for items. now that Nep-Nep has no power, I will swap in Plutia for awhile

This game is really quite fun, though I doubt I'll go for second playthrough, I can see it gets really quite grindy. So I hope I will be able to unlock two sets of siblings in this run, esp I have been v careful not to spend too much MB...
YuGiOh/ FF VII: CC/ Dissidia/ TO/ Disgaea3/ P4G/ FF Type0/ One Piece2/ FF X-2/ Natural Doctrine/ SnK I & II/ Nobunaga: Souzou/ SAO/ HNR1/ SRWZ3

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 years ago#8
All your levels and items carry over in a New Game+, so you won't need to grind, unless you are trying for those Lv.999 Coliseum fights.
And you need 3 playthroughs to get enough MB to unlock everything.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Xeon X5672 @ 4.60 GHz (200 MHz x 23) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
2 years ago#9
S4lr4y posted...
Mh that is pretty simple

Neptune+Nepgear
Neptune+Compa
NeptunexNoire
Neptune+Plutia

Noire+Uni

VertxIF

Blanc+Rom/Ram

IF+Compa

Nepgear+Uni
Rom+Ram

and for the lulz
Vert+Blanc

I enjoyed the subtle shifts from + to x. Well played.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 years ago#10
LOL @ Neptune x Noire...
To me, it was more like Neptune having fun teasing Noire.

For a theme team, and a well-balanced party, I just stick with Team Planeptune:
- Neptune + Falcom/Broccoli
- Nepgear + IF
- Histoire + Compa
(In mk2, Falcom is a Planeptune citizen, and Histy is Planeptune's "boss.")
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Xeon X5672 @ 4.60 GHz (200 MHz x 23) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived