Grimoires - Do skills stack?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#1
If I give a character a grimoire with a skill they already have do the skills from the grimoire and the skill tree both stack up? This has had me curious for a while not whether or not stuff like spear mastery does anything on my highlander, so far i have been giving a bunch of spear skills to requna including that skill that makes her randomly counter attack. I also have her wielding a spear, which may or may not be a good idea. ( could have had her wielding that reaper sword for a bit but it was expensive and i have her with that one spear move that sacrifices the party health to her enemies which is not entirely in the spirit of things for her, i do like to do on some lesser problem swarms of enemies. )

Suffice to say from this I am probably playing like a noob but i am just kinda winging it and learning as i go. Would probably help to know on this question though.
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "

User Info: Machachan

Machachan
3 years ago#2
Usually: No. Very few skills are exceptions.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709464-etrian-odyssey-untold-the-millenium-girl/67442666

See here.

Jaricko
3 years ago#3
Interesting enough. Might have to grab some spear mastery stuff then.
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "

Jaricko
3 years ago#4
You don't suppose someone could give me a quick opinion on how my guys are setup? I have not started stacking just yet but here is what i currently have going.

Kal ( My Highlander )
Strike Up Perfect
En Garde 3
High Caliber

Requna
ATK up 3
Spear mastery 3
Blood Lust 5

Arthur
Poison Dust Perfect
Heal Mastery 7
Revive
It also allows him to use shields I think. ( I am considering dropping revive if i find something like a party heal just so he has that option. )

Frederica
Silver Fang Perfect ( not really sure if i should hold onto this or not, seems like a waste to drop )
HP Up 2
Focus 2

Simon
Formula Mastery 2
Fire Formula 4
Spark Formula
I feel like this one might need the most work but no luck so far. It does allow him to fight though. He also has Max TP in skills and I have started on focus for him and Arthur.

I have just finished up the second area of the ruins in the story.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived