So where's the rest of the dlc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 8
  3. So where's the rest of the dlc?

User Info: BloodyAura

BloodyAura
3 years ago#1
The other maps/stages, the costume packs? I've seen the koei wiki site, and in Japan they've had a BUNCH of dlc for a long time now, even after this game came overseas, all we get in the west is one map and (all together) four songs? I don't get it, if the dlc is already done, what's the hold up?

User Info: frengkyst

frengkyst
3 years ago#2
Yes. Koei should releases all DLC from the first week.

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
3 years ago#3
More is due out Tuesday.

As I understand, it's a bit tougher for the localization staff this time. DW8 looks to be more significantly different between both consoles, not to mention there isn't a 360 version in Japan at all. It's not just being localized, it's be recoded and edited to function on a console it wasn't originally meant for.

We should be happy we're getting any at all.

User Info: BloodyAura

BloodyAura
3 years ago#4
Wandrian posted...
More is due out Tuesday.

As I understand, it's a bit tougher for the localization staff this time. DW8 looks to be more significantly different between both consoles, not to mention there isn't a 360 version in Japan at all. It's not just being localized, it's be recoded and edited to function on a console it wasn't originally meant for.

We should be happy we're getting any at all.

Is that true, they have to recode it all? I did not know that, I didn't mean to come across as an ungrateful person, I'm just saying, it IS taking them a long time considering. And I AM grateful that we even got the game to begin with! Very much so, it's just that, as a fact, in Japan, they loath the 360 so, I felt like they're deliberately being slow cause they just don't care.
However, it seems like when games get localized outside out Japan, they automatically include the 360; since in the west we still care for it- I'm sincerely hoping that we get Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate,too- but I doubt we will.

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
3 years ago#5
I hope we get the Japanese voices next week.
I....I need....a hug...

User Info: EvilJawa_XBL

EvilJawa_XBL
3 years ago#6
There's a pack with the first two BGMs and one map.
I hope for packs with more content than that later.
3DS FC: 2921-9478-0342
XBL GT: EvilJawa

User Info: InfamousCarl

InfamousCarl
3 years ago#7
So today was another stage, animal, BGM, and wallpaper?

User Info: Zignoff

Zignoff
3 years ago#8
Personally I want the weapons the ASAP.
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 years ago#9
I don't know what magic code Koei is using.

When it comes to porting things from different versions on my PC it seems it's just a matter of moving it to where it needs to go. It's kind of funny how things like costumes constantly need to be "recoded" when it also just happens to mean a price tag could be tacked onto it. Every program I've worked with usually has this thing called "compatibility."

I could understand, say, the DW3 outfits in DW7. But they are recoding some of these outfits for the THIRD time. From a technical standpoint DW7E is just as much of a deviation from DW7 as DW8 (again, TECHNICALLY speaking not aesthetically). So I don't know why all this content can't carry over.

User Info: Korbel_Massacre

Korbel_Massacre
3 years ago#10
Really dont understand how its so hard to take preexisting content theyve made DW3-DW7 and just rerelease it into the new games... Would really like to see Tactics costumes , especially Tactics LuBu ( like in DW3XL) Especially since i know it exists, why cant they just carry it over.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 8
  3. So where's the rest of the dlc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived