Post the most overrated card of the set. (a la Troggzor, Hunter Quest, Uther DK)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Post the most overrated card of the set. (a la Troggzor, Hunter Quest, Uther DK)

User Info: slumpcat

slumpcat
1 month ago#1
Predict which hyped card will flop. For me, it's gotta be Kingsbane. If it ends up being strong (tier 1/2) I'll craft a golden version of the card.

User Info: mada7

mada7
1 month ago#2
It's not so much that people think Kingsbane is going to be great but rather that it's the only legendary weapon that isn't obviously trash
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
1 month ago#3
*allah
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

slumpcat
1 month ago#4
mada7 posted...
It's not so much that people think Kingsbane is going to be great but rather that it's the only legendary weapon that isn't obviously trash

It's gotten quite a bit of hype along with the 2 mana 3/1. Also I think there are better legendary weapons personally.

BoyOfBattle posted...
*allah

sorry I'm not muslim

mada7
1 month ago#5
slumpcat posted...
mada7 posted...

It's gotten quite a bit of hype along with the 2 mana 3/1. Also I think there are better legendary weapons personally.

BoyOfBattle posted...
*allah

sorry I'm not muslim

It's gotten quite a bit of hype because it's the only weapon that isn't garbage. Seeing as it's going to be a thing going forward that each new set will have a cycle of legendaries one in each class that share a type or theme those cards are always going to get a lot of attention. In the case of this set the cycle has largely been a flop so people are kinda latching on to the only not obviously terrible one.

slumpcat
1 month ago#6
mada7 posted...

It's gotten quite a bit of hype because it's the only weapon that isn't garbage. Seeing as it's going to be a thing going forward that each new set will have a cycle of legendaries one in each class that share a type or theme those cards are always going to get a lot of attention. In the case of this set the cycle has largely been a flop so people are kinda latching on to the only not obviously terrible one.

I don't think Twig and Aluneth are obviously terrible.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
1 month ago#7
I think it's less about Kingsbane being overrated, and more about the supposed weapon buff deck that people have been overrating thanks to its existence. You aren't going to want to give this thing lifesteals, poisonous, or generally wasting any deck space on trash like other weapon buffers and Doomerang all for a single weapon. The meta won't allow for that. I think the card will fit perfectly into Miracle Rogue, but it isn't the be all end all cards out there.

As for most overrated, it's really hard to say. The community is more or less spot on about all these cards and decks moving forward, saying tempo decks will become stronger, Zoolock will be far more powerful, Priest having a ton of obscenely powerful support, and niche trash like what they're pushing for say Warrior and Hunter to be unplayable. I really don't think there are any Troggzors here.

If I'd have to say anything, it'd either be Unstable Evolution, which doesn't matter too much because Shaman is looking to be a s*** class, and the Elvish Rogue card that draws you 2 cards, as it's too weak tempo to see play in Tempo, Miracle doesn't care about drawing creatures, and as optimistic as I want to be, I don't think Quest will be a thing.
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png http://i.imgur.com/jchyRfp.jpg

mada7
1 month ago#8
slumpcat posted...
mada7 posted...

I don't think Twig and Aluneth are obviously terrible.

Twig is very slow since druid has no way to pop the weapon efficiently so what will happen is it will get triggered at a time that is convenient for the opponent not you and at most get you a few mana.

Aluneth has the problem of you never being able to keep up with that kind of card influx each turn. If you play this on turn 6 you'll probably have 4 or 5 cards in your hand left on average once it comes out. End of your turn you draw 3 cards from it putting you at 7 or 8 cards. Start of your next turn you're at 8 or 9 cards with 7 mana. Even if we go with 8 cards in your hand you now need to play 3 cards not to burn something on your next draw. That is not easy to do on 7 mana while also playing optimally. So within a couple turns of playing this you're going to end up burning off a good chunk of your deck because no deck can play 4 cards per turn. For the amount of cards you're likely to get an benefit from you're better off with arcane intellect which has higher flexibility, won't fatigue you, won't burn your cards, and a lower cost.

slumpcat
1 month ago#9
mada7 posted...
no deck can play 4 cards per turn

wut

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
1 month ago#10
it's a really good card.

King's bane si gonna bring back blade fury in a MAJOR way.

Control rogue!!!
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Post the most overrated card of the set. (a la Troggzor, Hunter Quest, Uther DK)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived