The Dungeon Run is a 10/10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. The Dungeon Run is a 10/10

User Info: SideshowBob311

SideshowBob311
1 month ago#11
solosnake posted...
The concept is a 10/10, but It needs some more incentives. The random daily quest is a nice touch, but I feel like dungeon run should have its own separate weekly rewards

Yeah god forbid you play a game for fun. GIMME GIMME right?
"Whether or not you can handle it, you have just heard another statement of the TRUTH."
[WoT] - [Evil Republican]

User Info: JMunkholm

JMunkholm
1 month ago#12
I got owned by the slime thing that gives everything +1/+1 with my rogue twice, before clearing it as Arthas.

Fun mode indeed!

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#13
TheAlmightyPoe posted...
pothocket posted...
TheAlmightyPoe posted...
XtraT posted...
but It needs some more incentives.

Shut the f*** up and go farm some trophies or xbox points, fun is the only incentive one should have when playing a game.

Yeah... about that....the whole game is about collecting cards through playing.

lol no it's not. The daily quest system is just one system of a much larger experience. If that's all HS is too you though you should probably just stop and go play something else.

The point of the game is to throw cards together into decks and see if they work. Some combination are fun, others are simple yet powerful, some are greedy, some are bad.

In order to get those cards you either do quests, buy packs, or grind in different play modes.

Assuming that the average player is not a whale OR F2P. Then getting cards is a high priority in order to keep the game fresh and fun for months on end. Bored of one deck? Try another. Rinse and repeat.

But you need cards to do that.

I'm glad you agree with me
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 month ago#14
SomboSteel posted...
This. And the AI is still completely stupid at times to the point of embarrassment.

My favorite was running against the warrior/druid guy who quickly milled himself and kept playing the druid card to draw more cards. "Thank you!".

I'm not complaining though, it's nice to have the AI be dumb at times.

User Info: BobbySura

BobbySura
1 month ago#15
I think it needs some work. I got the boss with the golems with 15 attack as boss 4. My deck had no chance against him at that point.
MR. TRIPLE DOUBLE BOBBY SURA

User Info: AColdOnion

AColdOnion
1 month ago#16
Hero3ziz posted...
It's very fun yes, but its difficulty is really unbalanced. I mean, the first 7 bosses are a complete joke and the last one is very hard. They should've balanced it better, but hey this is team 5 we're talking about.

But isn't that how its suppose to be? easy in the beginning and gets hard towards the end? I thought thats how the world was suppose to work..
hi

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#17
AColdOnion posted...
Hero3ziz posted...
It's very fun yes, but its difficulty is really unbalanced. I mean, the first 7 bosses are a complete joke and the last one is very hard. They should've balanced it better, but hey this is team 5 we're talking about.

But isn't that how its suppose to be? easy in the beginning and gets hard towards the end? I thought thats how the world was suppose to work..

The difficulty should increase in a linear manner not in an exponential manner. The difficulty of the first 7 bosses is like easy mode and the final boss is suddenly a very hard mode. That sudden huge jump in difficulty is not balanced.
I swear I'm not insane. Yes, most likely not insane.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#18
Hero3ziz posted...
AColdOnion posted...
Hero3ziz posted...

The difficulty should increase in a linear manner not in an exponential manner. The difficulty of the first 7 bosses is like easy mode and the final boss is suddenly a very hard mode. That sudden huge jump in difficulty is not balanced.

It is linear. You're forgetting this is a casual child's card game and it does get progressively harder.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 month ago#19
Yes and No
The downside is you don't get credit for quests with it, you don't even get any small amount of pity gold for all the time playing. As usual, Hearthstone's reward structure sure does make anything they do feel like a "Okay, I do it once and then I'm done because I can't advance my collection by continuing".

Some encounters are also tuned VERY poorly.
And it doesn't feel like anyone playtested the 3-card packages you get, it just seems like they made a pool of cards and then established no other criteria regarding costs and/or duplicates. Their usual garbage "anything can happen!" approach to their game's design which has been a proven failure for anything but meme videos, which is really all normal Hearthstone play is.

AColdOnion posted...
Hero3ziz posted...

--You're not understanding. His valid complaint is that it's like 7 Easy into 1 Stupidly Hard.
It doesn't scale up well and, combined with some of the other issues regarding the massive variance on your loot, you can easily end up on an easy auto-loss.

So there's a definite "Yeah, some variance is fun, makes for replayability and excitement for the unknown... but at the same time it feels like my own effort and decision-making as a player had NO impact whatsoever on the outcome of the run".
To be fair, that IS the Hearthstone constructed experience as well, which is why the core game is just so painfully unplayable.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
1 month ago#20
I love it, but once I get it done with all classes I'm not sure if I'll continue spending time with it.

For now I've been having tons of fun, even though some of the bosses can be beyond lame (The demon that removes 2 of your cards each turn is just silly, and the Secret Boss is..well I don't know how to beat it without any Kezan or Eater of Secrets). I've beaten it with three classes so far, and I look forward to doing the rest during the weekend.

Absolutely LOVE the concept and actual gameplay, tons of variation and fun.
Dodgson, Dodgson, We've got Dodgson here!
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. The Dungeon Run is a 10/10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived