Anyone else feel like some of these mycareer games are rigged?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K14
  3. Anyone else feel like some of these mycareer games are rigged?

User Info: xJSROBBIEx

xJSROBBIEx
3 years ago#1
I just had a game against the Memphis grizzlies and at half time we were up by 11. 49-38. I had 20 points in the second quarter alone and didn't play in the first. Then the second half comes around and I don't play in the third quarter at all, I go in at the start of the fourth and the score is 56-71. First of all, how do my teammates only score 7 points in a 12 minute quarter game? And second, after I put up 20 points in the second, why wouldn't my coach put me in? It feels like the coach has no brain ( well obviously he doesn't, it's a video game, but seriously??)

During the fourth I made three after three to try and get our team back in it, zach Randolph was making fade away jumpers every time, and Marcin gortat was missing easily lay ups with no one on him. The all of the sudden mike Conley was blocking all of my shots even when he wasn't close to me. I had 38 points and we lost 93-104

Then after the game there was a press conference, they asked me why I had a bad game.... I put up 38... After that there was a scene with the coach and he said he expected me to do better when he put me in.... This game has a built in story line and it feels like sometimes your not supposed to win games even when your playing way better and should have won.

And no sorry I don't have any proof of this so don't believe me if you want.
Colossians 3:23

xJSROBBIEx
3 years ago#2
Oh and the coach cut some of my minutes after the meeting with him, guess next time I'll have to put up 70 points with no misses, then maybe I'll have his trust...

User Info: ih8wtr

ih8wtr
3 years ago#3
That game happens early in your career. I had the same thing happen. The whole point is to have you get the dynamic goal for bringing the team back in the fourth quarter. I redid the game a few times and eventually figured out to just save and exit the game at the start of the fourth quarter. When you finally do manage to win, it's a very positive press conference and the coach says you are one step closer to starting or something like that.

These type of little events happen periodically throughout the career mode.

xJSROBBIEx
3 years ago#4
Ohh I see. That must be really hard to get that dynamic goal then.. Lol

User Info: GuvmentCheese

GuvmentCheese
3 years ago#5
I had the exact same thing happen. I already had an "A" teammate grade by halftime, despite not starting. My team was only down by 3 at half against the Heat, and I was the leading scorer. The first game all year I don't play any in the 3rd (after actually getting playing time) and they stick me about two minutes in in the 4th. I think it showed my team scored 4 points in the entire 3rd, and we were now down by 25 or so. I had the same "bring your team back and win"...and obviously couldn't do it (25 down against the Heat with 8 minutes left? C'mon man). Got the same press conference. Got the same "coaches meeting" blasting me for not doing enough, despite several more highlight plays, steals, blocks, and a ton more points.

I have a feeling that one game, and maybe a few others, are heavily scripted so that you fail, just so you get that cut scene. It feels that way because I got less minutes that game that what I'm supposed to by rotation, and because I didn't play in the 3rd at all, which never happened before, and hasn't happened since.

xJSROBBIEx
3 years ago#6
Well at least it's not just happening to me.. I wish it wasn't scripted and the story was based on how you play and the decisions you make in-game

User Info: Webstedge

Webstedge
3 years ago#7
xJSROBBIEx posted...
Well at least it's not just happening to me.. I wish it wasn't scripted and the story was based on how you play and the decisions you make in-game

we all do. 2k dropped the ball on this one
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/761886532.gif
http://tinyurl.com/lu752mt

User Info: dahammer444

dahammer444
3 years ago#8
how about being able to skip those dumb cut scenes started another player last night could recite it all lol
PSN - SPID3YJAY18

User Info: heatedheavy

heatedheavy
3 years ago#9
I'm really enjoying this mode. I love the interactions. I don't like when the other player is silent but is talking to me. That kinda grinds my gears.
PSN Heated420Heavy
360GT Heated420Heavy
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K14
  3. Anyone else feel like some of these mycareer games are rigged?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived