how to equip/use weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. how to equip/use weapons?

User Info: Deveroth

Deveroth
3 years ago#1
I know this is a moronic question, as it should be basic knowledge. but since this game's manual is absolute garbage, I need some help.
I'm playing as a monk and have been using the default lightning punch attack, doing 3 damage. great. now I just picked up an axe which should do more damage. I equipped it, my char is holding it, but i am still doing only 3, and can still only use the lightning punch. how do I swing the f****** axe? if the only option for attack is to use skills, what are weapons for? is it a monk thing? can they not equip and use weapons?
help please...I haven't played diablo since 2002, and this game's documentation explains NOTHING.
IT'S ALL PIPES!

User Info: fffez

fffez
3 years ago#2
someone mentioned earlier that if you don't have a skill equipped to a button, then you'll swing your axe. the thing is, you're just gimping yourself that way cause you're just doing weapon damage, not weapon+skill damage (that's the way i understood it anyways)
uhhh

Deveroth
3 years ago#3
...but there is no extra damage.
lightning punch with no weapon - 3 damage
lightning punch holding axe - 3 damage, and the axe disappears during the animation.
IT'S ALL PIPES!

User Info: fffez

fffez
3 years ago#4
huh.

don't know what to tell you then, maybe someone else can help
uhhh

Deveroth
3 years ago#5
anyone? help?
or does this issue not bother a single one of you guys?
IT'S ALL PIPES!

User Info: Scottydont19

Scottydont19
3 years ago#6
Deveroth posted...
anyone? help?
or does this issue not bother a single one of you guys?

Not sure what to tell you on this one. I just started playing g a monk a little while ago, and at lvl 11 I'm def doing more than 3 DMG. If anything the monk is tearing through monsters with just the default A skill.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. how to equip/use weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived