So who was Dawn?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Contrast
  3. So who was Dawn?

User Info: Ite

Ite
3 years ago#1
I don't get the ending.

User Info: JalanX

JalanX
3 years ago#2
Ite posted...
I don't get the ending.

According to what I understand, Dawn was was VIcenzo's assistant in his magic acts. When he started experimenting with the shadow realm, he did one of his tricks to make her disappear (into the shadows). But couldn't bring her back, he then figured out a way to do the same to himself and to travel between the shadow world and the real world just as Dawn did.

User Info: Aladrin

Aladrin
3 years ago#3
My lord, I didn't get that at all. I totally must have missed something. Thank you for explaining!

User Info: Ite

Ite
3 years ago#4
Yeah thanks lol.

User Info: hurley4

hurley4
3 years ago#5
Ite posted...
I don't get the ending.

It wasn't a matter of you not getting the ending. It was a matter of a development team pouring their heart and soul into a small game and then getting told to wrap it up WAY before the game was complete. Hence, why there are so many luminaries in each level for no reason, why the storyline stopped making sense near the end, and why the game got nearly game-breakingly glitched from the lighthouse onward.
Guess who just sold the Whitman place? Booya!
PSN: ChristianFour

User Info: PitchBlackFox

PitchBlackFox
3 years ago#6
it was in the collectibles, if you missed 1 or 2 or didn't read the tiny newspaper text you would have missed it
"I would gladly put up with that fairy around my rod if it knew when it started to bend and wiggle." - FF14 board user

User Info: RVallant

RVallant
3 years ago#7
JalanX posted...
Ite posted...
I don't get the ending.

According to what I understand, Dawn was was VIcenzo's assistant in his magic acts. When he started experimenting with the shadow realm, he did one of his tricks to make her disappear (into the shadows). But couldn't bring her back, he then figured out a way to do the same to himself and to travel between the shadow world and the real world just as Dawn did.

Yeah but it still doesn't explain anything.

User Info: Mocca_Sweets

Mocca_Sweets
3 years ago#8
*Spoilers*

There was that whole family tree drawing on the wall that connects to Vincenzo's daughter that I thought was of some significance but couldn't find any reason.
Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not. - Edward M. Kennedy

User Info: Rai

Rai
3 years ago#9
It was my impression at the end that Vincenzo knew all along that Dawn was watching over Didi. Perhaps since he knew that it was difficult for Johnny and Didi's mom, and that even he didn't have time to watch over his own daughter, he sent Dawn to watch over her (they agreed on it).

However, alternatively, as some people have suggested, through his experiments, he sent her into the shadows, but didn't know how to bring her back. When he figured out how, he revealed it to Dawn at the end.

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
3 years ago#10
Mocca_Sweets posted...
*Spoilers*

There was that whole family tree drawing on the wall that connects to Vincenzo's daughter that I thought was of some significance but couldn't find any reason.

Members of the Iliescu family have a genetic connection to the shadow dimension, which is why some of them go nuts and others become incredible stage magicians. Dawn isn't even the first Iliescu's assistant to get stuck in the shadow realm, as Artur Iliescu appropriately-named assistant Aurora also disappeared like Dawn, and Artur himself followed her.

Didi inherited the ability which is why she can see Dawn, but she hasn't yet developed the ability to go into the shadow realm herself, as Vincenzo can.
  1. Boards
  2. Contrast
  3. So who was Dawn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived