Substitute for a Red Mage/Spiritmaster?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Substitute for a Red Mage/Spiritmaster?

User Info: Dark_Ares

Dark_Ares
3 years ago#1
Most of my party members are set, but Ringabel has always been this outlier without a super specific goal. I'm in Chapter 5 right now and running him as a Red Mage/Spiritmaster with Pierce M Defense/Slow Parry/Armor Lore. He does decent; Spiritmaster gives me Stillness for emergencies, Fairy Ward amps up my Dark Knight Tiz, and his Red Mage portion lets him revive/heal when Agnes is down or pre-occupied+he dishes out good damage with his spells. Inherent ability to easily get BP on damage is also great.

But I can't get the -aga level spells with Red Mage, and that bothers me. Would Vampire/Spiritmaster be a good alternative? I'd still get heals, but also the higher level spells. But I'm not sure I have the BP to sustain the -aja spells. Alternatively I can maintain the -aga spells with Black Mage/Spiritmaster, but I have no backup healing. And neither of those classes have a Raise or Esuna substitute.

For reference, the rest of my team is:
Tiz Dark Knight/Ninja with Transcience/Comeback Kid/Turn Tables/Absorb P. Damage/Two Handed
Edea Pirate/Sword Fencer with Protect Ally/Absorb P. Damage/Absorb M. Damage/Default Guard/P. Attack+10%
Agnes White Mage/Performer with Save Singing MP/Holy One/Shield Lore
Support Operation Decode!
https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Substitute for a Red Mage/Spiritmaster?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived