is this game like golden sun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. is this game like golden sun?

User Info: StevoElSupremo1

StevoElSupremo1
2 years ago#1
Or like FF tactics? I've never been a huge fan of the traditional FF games but I loved golden sun (one of my fav. games) and FF tactics, after watching some gameplay on youtube it looked fun.

I'm looking for a new 3ds game, I was going to get Monster hunter but after hearing theirs STILL no online play without a wii that games out of the question.

so if I enjoy games like Golden sun and FF tactics (that battle style) will I like this?

**oh and games I already owned, beat and loved on my 3dsXL are PokemonY and fire emblem.

User Info: Zephiroth X52

Zephiroth X52
2 years ago#2
StevoElSupremo1 posted...
Or like FF tactics? I've never been a huge fan of the traditional FF games but I loved golden sun (one of my fav. games) and FF tactics, after watching some gameplay on youtube it looked fun.

I'm looking for a new 3ds game, I was going to get Monster hunter but after hearing theirs STILL no online play without a wii that games out of the question.

so if I enjoy games like Golden sun and FF tactics (that battle style) will I like this?

**oh and games I already owned, beat and loved on my 3dsXL are PokemonY and fire emblem.

Have you ever played FF5? Because I feel that the most direct comparison for Bravely Default is that game. If you have not then consider the job system from FFT. Bravely Default uses a similar system.

Having said that, the Bravely Default system actually adds a lot of depth to the combat in a manner that has no direct comparison that I know of.
Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!
I do Let's Plays: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kaosubaloo

User Info: StevoElSupremo1

StevoElSupremo1
2 years ago#3
Thats one of my favorite parts from Tactics was the job system! loved my illusionist and sage!.. oh and my dragoon he was a beast.

I might get this game as it sounds like the only thing out right now that sounds appealing to me, especially if it runs on a system like that :)

User Info: SuperXThousand

SuperXThousand
2 years ago#4
StevoElSupremo1 posted...
Thats one of my favorite parts from Tactics was the job system! loved my illusionist and sage!.. oh and my dragoon he was a beast.

I might get this game as it sounds like the only thing out right now that sounds appealing to me, especially if it runs on a system like that :)

It's like a Golden Sun battle system (turn based) with jobs/classes.

User Info: wakko_red

wakko_red
2 years ago#5
I like the battle system more in BD than Golden Sun. It has a lot more challenge to it.
Playing Dravely Befault~
4770-1091-8683 Belle
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. is this game like golden sun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived