Vampire Castle Tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Vampire Castle Tips

User Info: HerPanda

HerPanda
4 months ago#1
This dungeon throws the way I was playing the game for the past 40 hours out the window. At level 58 for my party and I make it to floor 4/5 and die near immediately. I don't have anyone with a maxed Black Mage so I can't just exterminate/twilight which seems to be the normal suggestion.

-I have as many resistances as I can stick on currently for charm/confuse
-Full defense on my whitemage (which isn't enough to survive a triple cerberus).
-Actually built a tank (Swordmaster + Ninja casting Kairai on the Swordmaster), which fails hard against triple cerberus + hellfire.

Problem setups:

-4x Bats: each can one/two-shot any party member aside from my Swordmaster, to which Kairai kills my Swordmaster (therefore I can't Kairai it next turn to protect everyone else
-3x Cerberus: Triple Hellfire == dead party aside from Swordmaster.
-2x Demon lady + bat/cerberus: Swordmaster is crippled since it takes two BP to build up potential defenses from magic/physical. Bursting down a demon lady / bat with my Ninja means I didn't Kairai my tank.

I'm tempted to grind out a level 14 black mage, or worse, set enemy encounters to 0%... but maybe there's some nicer, non-mage setup I could have (I don't have any aside from a level 10 whitemage). Thanks for any tips.

User Info: Rubedo_URTV_666

Rubedo_URTV_666
4 months ago#2
You're in one of the best places to level up, so there is no reason not to. Search this board for any topic about powerful/broken job combinations and you'll find plenty of suggestions archived (99% I'm sure will work here). Or just spend an hour fighting in there, and your problem is solved.
Gamertag: Rubedo URTV 666
"If you desire to know the truth, then you also must know that you have the courage to accept it."

User Info: dirkac

dirkac
4 months ago#3
Turn off encounters. The Vampire Castle enemies are balanced for much later in the game.

Do do the sidequest now though, as quite a few stuff from it is temporarily missable if you don't do it now.

You really shouldn't be hitting anywhere near Level 14 on any Jobs any time soon. It's a sign you've either grinded way too much or focused on one or two Jobs way too much.

Ideally, everyone should have around ~4/5 Jobs at Level 8/9 to switch between, with maybe one at Level 10 at the most.
Le Surskit God~
IGN: Dirk, FC: 0602-6564-1575

User Info: HerPanda

HerPanda
4 months ago#4
Yeah I ended up just turning off encounters. The last thing I tried was get an Arcanist to lvl 5 with a Black Mage braving sleep on everyone (since I'm no where near level 14), and it worked until x3 Cerberus First Strike and I was dead before I could do anything. That made me so mad that I just turned them off lol.

I thought maybe the game threw something challenging for once, but getting one-shotted randomly before any kind of setup just isn't fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Vampire Castle Tips

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived