Noobster but getting there

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Noobster but getting there

User Info: Matt_Wade

Matt_Wade
3 months ago#1
This was popped on the GTA 5 board, I didn't think of posting on the correct board :)

I have been plugging away and I've found that I am flying through the levels now. I am on lvl 21 which isn't bad for only a few hours a weeks worth of game play.

I have played with some awesome crews and can now hold my own a little better. I would like to be better at racing and win some so I can get the unlocks but either people drop out which means I don't get the cred. Or does it?

I also did a car repo challenge and the other team dropped out. I didn't even notice but do I still get the win?

User Info: Rayvenblood

Rayvenblood
2 months ago#2
Sometimes you get the win, but usually you don't. Kinda sucks. Sorta like you participated in the event, but didn't win or lose.

Anyway: I do have 3 accounts & I can help you get your race wins. My 3rd character needs some wins, but I'm not too worried about that one.
My race stats are horrible with first 2 accounts (50 wins, 300 losses type stuff) because I enjoy helping others with car upgrades. 50 supercar wins unlocks most. Others are level, stunt-jump, turbo start & slipstream. The last 2 can also be achieved during the 50 races.

Let me know here if you need races.
PSN: Rayzorblaydd
Some walk with Jesus, others are running with the devil, but I sit with my beer.

Rayvenblood
2 months ago#3
Sorry for late reply. Haven't checked the boards lately. Summer is always busy...
Some walk with Jesus, others are running with the devil, but I sit with my beer.

User Info: Matt_Wade

Matt_Wade
2 months ago#4
Thanks Rayve.

I appreciate that. I'll be on now.

Add me
Saffa_Matt
:)

User Info: ManaFox

ManaFox
2 months ago#5
It used to be that you needed race wins to unlock car mods but Rockstar changed it to where your rank now unlocks car mods as well so either grind out contact missions or get a buddy and trade some race wins! Also if you can get three friends together trade a couple rally race wins to unlock the special paint colors; same with the sea races!
video games are cool and fun

User Info: ThePWBPoster

ThePWBPoster
1 month ago#6
I'm stuck on LVL 9 still, if you want Matt you can meet up with me and attempt to bash out missions together, I'm more of a pro at driving than I am shooting so consider that. PSN: whitebread701

I try and solo
What you looking at?

User Info: Jack Talk Thai

Jack Talk Thai
1 month ago#7
ManaFox posted...
It used to be that you needed race wins to unlock car mods but Rockstar changed it to where your rank now unlocks car mods as well so either grind out contact missions or get a buddy and trade some race wins! Also if you can get three friends together trade a couple rally race wins to unlock the special paint colors; same with the sea races!

Really? On PS3 I can just level up and now unlock car modifications, no more winning races to do it?
My FREE monthly superhero webcomic!
http://theill.webcomic.ws/comics/314/

Rayvenblood
1 month ago#8
You still have to win races for many mods. Armor & tire upgrades (horns as well, I think) are unlocks from leveling up. Other mods (90 % of resprays, turbo, engine, etc) are from wins. Certain colors are unlocks with slipstreams, turbo starts, stunt-jumps & in one case: a rally race.
So even losing a race is ok as long as you turbo start & slipstream. Winning unlocks most mods, but not all of them.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Noobster but getting there

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived