If I do upgrade to X1 here are some changes I would like to see.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. If I do upgrade to X1 here are some changes I would like to see.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
3 years ago#21
J_Lexington posted...
Just sayin, Kingdom Hearts 3 is also dropping for XB1.

Oh? Well, then. If I do ever decide to get a current-gen console, I'll probably just pick the cheaper one then.
http://i.imgur.com/3NIMxGK.gif
GT - Vanessa Magick

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
3 years ago#22
megapwn posted...
chaoscontrol325 posted...
megapwn posted...
If they don't add turn signals, I will punch somebody. Seriously. ****ing Saints row 2 has this.

Who gives a rat's tiny, hard crap about turn signals? Please tell me you were being sarcastic. At the speeds I drive in GTA, I don't think I'd even notice them 95% of the time.

Because I keep crashing into cars at high speed that suddenly decide to switch lanes or turn with no warning. So yes, I'm serious. It's been a huge annoyance for me since day one.

Player careens madly through Los Santos, driving on the wrong side of the road, across sidewalks, through telephone poles and pedestrians: expected behavior

NPC changes lanes without signalling: RAAAAGE

How the hell is that first thing even remotely relevant? I'm not annoyed because they don't follow the traffic laws, I'm annoyed because it frequently causes me to crash when they keep turning in front of me with no warning.

Why does this even matter to you? The topic was discussing things we'd like to see on the next-gen version and I answered. At this point you're just being a jerk.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: megapwn

megapwn
3 years ago#23

How the hell is that first thing even remotely relevant? I'm not annoyed because they don't follow the traffic laws, I'm annoyed because it frequently causes me to crash when they keep turning in front of me with no warning.

My point is, you want all the citizens of LS to use turn signals when we would never use them even if we had them, and in real life at least half the drivers out there never use them either. And also - it's just not that big of a deal. Not worth getting mad about, anyway. Just drive wide of them and anticipate that they might turn or change lanes.

Why does this even matter to you? The topic asked for things we'd like to see on the next-gen version and I answered. At this point you're just being a jerk.

I'm messing with you, calm down. I do think you're way too worked up about this though. "Would be nice" is a very different sentiment from "I WILL PUNCH SOMEONE IF THEY DON'T DO THIS." The former is perfectly appropriate; the latter is... kind of crazy.

If you want a real fix for this (minor) issue, you should want better and more realistic driver AI, not turn signals. The main cause of collisions is that the NPC drivers are programmed to do some stupid things for no reason. Particularly on missions, they will veer across multiple lanes in a seeming attempt to crash right into you. I don't know if they're supposed to be "panicking" or something, but it's annoying. I'd much rather they tune that than signals I won't even see most of the time.

User Info: TheHunger82

TheHunger82
3 years ago#24
We can't complain about turn signal usage by the npc's when we're the ones stealing cars, driving 3 or 4x the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, causing death by dangerous driving, jumping red lights, driving on footpaths, plus loads of other offences AND not using turn signals ourselves.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82

User Info: Wilmore99

Wilmore99
3 years ago#25
The only way I would ever get an X1 is if they added true backwards compatibility. Not some stupid subscription thing like PS4, but an actual pop-in-your-disc-and-play method. Like an external disc drive attachment, THEN I'll get a X1.

Is there a reason we can't play our DOWNLOADED games on X1? I mean they're on the HDD, not even a disc issue. What gives?
"He's a horse's ass, and he smells about the same most of the time, but I say he's good people."

User Info: SterlingFox

SterlingFox
3 years ago#26
Wilmore99 posted...
The only way I would ever get an X1 is if they added true backwards compatibility. Not some stupid subscription thing like PS4, but an actual pop-in-your-disc-and-play method. Like an external disc drive attachment, THEN I'll get a X1.

Is there a reason we can't play our DOWNLOADED games on X1? I mean they're on the HDD, not even a disc issue. What gives?

They have that. Its called an Xbox 360.

Seriously, why do you even care about backward compatibility on the Xbone if you already have a 360?
My GTA Online Deathmatch, "The Lost of Us"
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/doctor-jack/games/gtav/jobs

User Info: Wilmore99

Wilmore99
3 years ago#27
Because Xbox 360 had backwards compatibility. It's a step in the wrong direction and it's one of the many reasons the X1 isn't selling.

I can't believe I'm even responding to a question that stupid.
"He's a horse's ass, and he smells about the same most of the time, but I say he's good people."

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 years ago#28
I do agree that the entire Xbox library should be playable on the X1.

If unpaid coders can create Emulator programs then one of the biggest companies in the world can.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: SterlingFox

SterlingFox
3 years ago#29
Wilmore99 posted...
Because Xbox 360 had backwards compatibility. It's a step in the wrong direction and it's one of the many reasons the X1 isn't selling.

I can't believe I'm even responding to a question that stupid.

The 360 only had it for select games. Its not really one of the reasons the Xbone isn't selling, because the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility either and its still selling.

And you think that asking why you care about backwards compatibility is stupid, and yet your answer is basically that you don't care, but its the principle of the matter? Jesus. The only dumb thing that occurred here was your answer.
My GTA Online Deathmatch, "The Lost of Us"
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/doctor-jack/games/gtav/jobs

User Info: JonWhitaker

JonWhitaker
3 years ago#30
Backwards compatibility in consoles has always been something we were spoiled with, but honestly, was not a good use of resources. You're either purposely limiting your hardware to make it similar to the past gen., or attempting to emulate your previous console, which is a huge task in itself. I'd argue we don't have even have mainstream processors that could handle the load of emulating a 360 or PS3 right now.

Developers had to draw the line somewhere, and I'm glad they finally have. The new consoles will be that much better for it. Maybe, once they master streaming games, and we have internet connection speeds that can handle it properly, this will be a reality, but until then, it's not necessary.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. If I do upgrade to X1 here are some changes I would like to see.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived