CPU Buff?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Caldo15

Caldo15
1 year ago#1
i played 2 player matches today and it seemed the cpu was demolishing us, they were leveled 13 to 9 at one point, 5 of us against the cpu 5 and we got destroyed, never seen it like this, we were also playing the medium difficulty

User Info: Taaron

Taaron
1 year ago#2
Nope still the same as always. Likely you got stuck in a team with really bad players or bad team composition.

Though AI is bad at decision making and may not always make the best choices in a fight, they at least have unity and can be difficult to topple once they start death balling and if you don't have a significant level lead (usually due to one or more team members feeding the AI).

I commonly clear daily quests with AI matches and many can be a breeze though some can be quite difficult depending on who I get matched with.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there has every now and then been tweaks to the AI as well, depending on how long it has been since you played but nothing major that drastically increased their difficulties.
Gun Gun Leon Gunleon, Gun Gun Leon Gunleon,
Gun Gun Leon Gunleon, Gun Gun Leon Gun Land Crasher
(message deleted)

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
1 year ago#4
LawnNinja posted...
Pro Tip:

Is the enemy AI attacking your core? Simply send one player to hit their core. Even if staying and focusing your core would win them the game, the AI will ALWAYS retreat to defend their core, and you can abuse this fact to turn any losing game around. The only reason you should ever lose to AI is if you're unlucky enough to be matched with total tenderfoots who genuinely don't understand the game yet, or total self-righteous f***tards who refuse to cooperate under any circumstances.

That's not true anymore. If the (only elite) AI thinks they can kill your core before you kill theirs they will not back. I know because I had a funny 35 min match in Tomb of the Spider queen with our core at 40% and no structures left for 15 minutes. When I went to their core they did not back, they kept attacking our mid keep and then attacked the core. We also had 2 or 3 dead, that might be an important factor in the AI's decision.
We won in the end but it was hilarious.

Taaron
1 year ago#5
If we are going into difficulties

Main reason to do Beginner AI these days if you want to finish your dailies as fast as possible. Quite common to finish a match in less than 5 minutes if the team rushed a single lane, but getting people who arent on board with this will make the match longer and more boring. My personal best was 2:16.

Adept AI setting is the default and the setting you are most likely to get idiot team mates that make the match harder than it needs to be. On the plus side, AI doesnt cheat on dodging.

Elite AI can be on the funner side but isnt perfect either. AI is more challenging but not necessarily fot the right reasons. IE super fast reflexes for avoiding timed AOE attacks is really irritating, certain characters I just do not enjoy against them because of which. Even though Elite AI is more likely to have competent players, you can still get stuck with idiots, in which case the match can be much harder to turn around.

User Info: lalala_la

lalala_la
1 year ago#6
Wow, 2:16 vs beginner bots? How did you manage that? Best I got I think was maybe 3:50?

User Info: BoswerLK

BoswerLK
1 year ago#7
lalala_la posted...
Wow, 2:16 vs beginner bots? How did you manage that? Best I got I think was maybe 3:50?

sylvanas + dps + any way of tanking core, and just 5 man run through the lane with the best mercs. ai always targets nonheroes first, so any summoner to protect your creep wave is great too

I don't remember the exact comp, but I've done 1:59 before, well before necro's release, so it's not even close to what's currently possible

3:50 is slow. a typical bad run should be around 3:30, the ones where you have no choice but to get boss. even then you'll generally reach core in well under 2m, then it's just goofing off til boss spawns at 3m

unless you get towers. in which you just QQ and shout at blizz for allowing that map in beginner ai for the next 10 minutes
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
Valar Morghulis

User Info: EphemeralWind

EphemeralWind
1 year ago#8
Whats the cpu difficulty tiers again

I just random my hero and go afk solo push objectives and win games.

The good ol objective gaming. People call me out on Johanna when I just afk push in bots smh
Face of the weeping night
And the shade of the fading light

User Info: BoswerLK

BoswerLK
1 year ago#9
beginner's the lowest

if you did that in my ai games I'd shout at you too. there's an unwritten rule that beginner = speedruns like you're at gdq or gtfo
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
Valar Morghulis

Taaron
1 year ago#10
lalala_la posted...

I forget the exact team comp but the key parts tot his was we had Sylvanas, TLV, and the map was Dragon Shire. Team rushed the center, by the time the Dragon popped, TLV split up to grab the two shrines and Dragon while the remaining 4 pushed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived