Unlimited EXP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Incertarum

Incertarum
1 year ago#1
This may or may not be known, but I didn't see anything during a search so I'll post it anyway.

There is a spot fairly early in the game where you can get unlimited EXP. Admittedly it would take a lot of time to max your skills out but it is possible. The place to do this is along the stretch where you approach the Base after you go through the tunnel. There is a fast travel camp there and by the camp there is a box of ammunition for the pistol. A quick word of warning: a couple of times I've picked that box up and when you go back the camp is no longer there so I advise leaving the box alone.

Save at the camp. Now head towards the base and there are four soldiers which you can pick off using headshots with the bow. When you've done that shoot the searchlight up on the first floor of the building straight ahead of you. Now creep into the building and stealth kill the guy doing the welding in the first room. Do NOT go up the stairs or alert the guy that's up there, just go back outside and creep back to the camp. Save at the camp, reload the checkpoint and then switch slots. The reason for switching slots is that if you get spotted by any of the other soldiers and they engage you, you will not be able to reset and find the four guys again. Having saved, reloaded the checkpoint and changed save slot, head back towards the base and take the four guys out again. There will be a position change so take out the guy nearest to you first, then the guy furthest away which will cause one guard to go and investigate. When he's gone ahead take out the guy left on his own and then the guy walking to investigate. Take out the searchlight again and then go inside the building and kill the guy in the first room doing the welding. After that, sneak back to the camp and rinse and repeat. If you get spotted just reload the checkpoint or the previous save if a save has been written in the new slot.

Each guy killed will give you 15 EXP for a headshot but you'll get 10EXP for killing the guy welding plus an extra 20 EXP for the stealth kill. If you have the skill 'Accomplished Killer' the headshots will be worth 20 and the stealth kill 25. You can keep doing this for as long as you want provided you only kill the first 5 guys and get back to the camp safely.

Like I said, I don't know if this is known - it probably is - but it's a good way to get a few extra skills before progressing, like Accomplished Killer, Axe Expert and Dodge/Counter.

EDIT: Don't worry about changing save slot but if you do get spotted just pause the game instantly and reload checkpoint.
Feigned outrage; the new religion

User Info: The New Blueguy

The New Blueguy
1 year ago#2
So kill the first four guys at the base after taking out the searchlight and then immediately save and reload? I'm trying to simplify this in my head since you say we no longer have to switch save slots.
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23

Incertarum
1 year ago#3
The New Blueguy posted...
So kill the first four guys at the base after taking out the searchlight and then immediately save and reload? I'm trying to simplify this in my head since you say we no longer have to switch save slots.

Five guys, not four. After you kill the four outside there is another one in the first room you can stealth kill. If you are bumping up skills then learn Axe Expert till last because it takes precedent over the bow stealth kill but gives 5 EXP less.

EDIT: One other thing, I take the searchlight out after I kill the four. Probably doesn't make a lot of difference but I thought I'd say it anyway. :)

User Info: The New Blueguy

The New Blueguy
1 year ago#4
so stealth all five guys at base, save, reload. How long does this take exactly? Also, I'd imagine since the bow is more or less her main weapon, the game more or less pushes you towards leveling bow skills over everything else. At least from what I remember the little I played of it on PS3.
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23

Incertarum
1 year ago#5
Kill the first four with headshots using the bow. Stealth kill the fifth one. You level up whichever skills you want to level up first. Personally I like to get accomplished killer (gives extra EXP for headshots, stealth kills), Axe Expert and Dodge/Counter. The only restrictions are that you have to get 7 tier 1 skills before you can get any tier 2 skills.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived