Framerate sinks as low as 18 FPS!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  3. Framerate sinks as low as 18 FPS!!

User Info: AflockOfHippies

AflockOfHippies
3 years ago#21
Maybe I am in the minority here, and probably am, but I really don't see what the big deal is about frame rates. As long as the game I am playing looks good enough and doesn't have all kinds of issues such as freezing, etc I really don't care or notice if it is running at 30fps or 40fps or whatever. I just try to enjoy the game. Every time I check this board there are like a dozen new topics bemoaning frame rates. What's the big deal? I don't get it.

I suppose now is when all the hate replies start flooding in where everyone starts slamming me for being ignorant about fps and all. I am not ignorant, I just don't care. Either I like a game or I don't. And I like this one. Framerate isn't the defining item that makes me want to play a game or not. just saying. I know no one cares, but I am bored and am writing it anyway. Peace.
Skyrim travel tip #8: Stick to the road. Stay off the moors

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
3 years ago#22
I find it funny when people say why doesn't the X1 display TR at 60FPS, yet the PS4 only displays at 60 FPS for like 10% of the video...

The X1 is quite steady, dropping to 28 only a handful of times, yet it still close to 30FPS. The 18FPS you couldn't even tell in game at all. It dropped once and went back to 30 within a millisecond... PS4, constantly dropping below 50...
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1

User Info: fivepnt1

fivepnt1
3 years ago#23
I'd take more note of the Xbone lowering resolutions and such to maintain framerate.
PSN/GT fivepnt1

User Info: swanlee6969

swanlee6969
3 years ago#24
After beating the game I never noticed the framerate get that low and the framerate for me was perfectly stable and enjoyable to play.

User Info: danl0134

danl0134
3 years ago#25
The Xbox version actually looked better to me. I found that the sudden dips in the PS4 version were much more jarring than the overall lower framerate of the Xbox version.
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  3. Framerate sinks as low as 18 FPS!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived