How is everyone liking it so far?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How is everyone liking it so far?

User Info: ColdCobra

ColdCobra
1 year ago#21
Got mine from ShopTo this morning. One hour in and it's just as fun as I always expected it to be... even though I started out on a harsh, hot world where I had to dash back to my spaceship so as not to die from over-heating... Thankfully night fell and I was able to wander around. Now I have my ship repaired but I'm still flying around my home base, so to speak.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 year ago#22
Been playing it since the wee hours and I'm so happy say it hasn't disappointed at all. I'll be honest I always knew this game was going to be so damn vast and because of that people might look down on it for not necessarily having a whole lot of substance on it's initial release. This is something I am so happy to sink my time into and explore as it evolves over the coming months and hopefully years and in that regard it somewhat reminds me of minecraft but No Man's Sky is very much it's own thing.

The good thing is every planet has it's own randomly generated ecosystem and while they do look similar there are a lot of differences and there always tends to be a way to find what you need to carry on. Gotta give full credit for the algorithm that generates so much content.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code: 0920-2407-8930 (Adam) Xbox Gamertag: Adam The Actor

User Info: RammItDowwn

RammItDowwn
1 year ago#23
I like it a lot. And I was pretty hyped for it too.

It's great knowing there are millions upon millions of potential worlds to explore, but I am having fun just exploring single planets.

Got it early, and it is so much better with the patch.

It has its flaws though... I don't really like how you have to destroy your upgrades/modules if you want something different for a certain situation, and then have to build it again. At first I didn't like how the upgrades took inventory slots but I am kind of coming around because now I see it gives more value/motivation for upgrading your suit and ship. Wasn't impressed with the texture res of the ground but patch has improved it a bit I think.

And I just figured out how to buy new ships so I need to make some money. Can't believe people say there's 'nothing to do'. Seriously? There's a whole galaxy to explore, and so much to collect. Don't know what kind of game they were expecting lol. It's exactly like I imagined it.

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#24
BeefEaster posted...

and all the people saying the game crashes constantly are talking out their ass, it didn't crash once for me in over 4 hours

I looked at some of those topics, they didn't seem like they were bashing the game, they just said it was crashing on them. Just because it doesn't happen to you makes you think they're liars? If they were straight up bashing the game sure, but they were asking for help so I believe them
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

User Info: darklink67

darklink67
1 year ago#25
dehlert posted...
I am enjoying it... I see where people would get salty... thinking a small dev team could make 30000000 skins to avoid repetition is a tall order... but I don't mind the recolors.. and every time I leave the space station I am in awe of the planets it launches me towards....

What people keep ignoring is the fact this is an indie game

An "indie game" thats costs as much as a AAA 60 dollars lol dont use that bulls*** excuse b-b-but its an indie game :( b**** plz it doesnt get a free pass because its "indie"
Psn: Schamolians101 Gamertag: Darkwarrior7000

User Info: colstripcapn

colstripcapn
1 year ago#26
darklink67 posted...
dehlert posted...
I am enjoying it... I see where people would get salty... thinking a small dev team could make 30000000 skins to avoid repetition is a tall order... but I don't mind the recolors.. and every time I leave the space station I am in awe of the planets it launches me towards....

An "indie game" thats costs as much as a AAA 60 dollars lol dont use that bulls*** excuse b-b-but its an indie game :( b**** plz it doesnt get a free pass because its "indie"

Minus the attitude, I agree. If you're going to charge a AAA price, you're going to get judged at a AAA level.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 year ago#27
I will give a tip to those starting the game no matter which planet you're on. Go find Plutonium there is literally no point in the game where you won't need it. I've got a space station near by and I'm kind of tempted to get involved in space combat but I don't want my ship getting blasted into oblivion after repairing it so many god damn times. How's the space combat?
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code: 0920-2407-8930 (Adam) Xbox Gamertag: Adam The Actor

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 year ago#28
thefinalzapkeet posted...
BeefEaster posted...

and all the people saying the game crashes constantly are talking out their ass, it didn't crash once for me in over 4 hours

I looked at some of those topics, they didn't seem like they were bashing the game, they just said it was crashing on them. Just because it doesn't happen to you makes you think they're liars? If they were straight up bashing the game sure, but they were asking for help so I believe them

I was mostly referring to the people making topics saying the game crashed on them a dozen times during the boot up screen and s***

sure games crash occasionally but that's just nonsense
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
1 year ago#29
colstripcapn posted...
darklink67 posted...
dehlert posted...

Minus the attitude, I agree. If you're going to charge a AAA price, you're going to get judged at a AAA level.

User Info: Starlokk

Starlokk
1 year ago#30
threedown posted...

Not a fan of the flight controls either, I like to invert the up and down, and r3 to run was a bit weird at first but I got used to it and don't even think about it anymore.

Someone please tell me you can invert?
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How is everyone liking it so far?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived