All of my discoveries are gone

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. All of my discoveries are gone

User Info: Immortal_Azrael

Immortal_Azrael
1 year ago#1
Every system and planet that I've been to is gone. Even the planet I'm currently standing on isn't listed. I tried scanning an animal that I've already scanned and it gave me units for it but it's not listed in my discoveries. Under records it just says Ipsum Lorem over and over. Anyone else have this happen? I'm gonna be really bummed if everything is just gone forever.
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/ImmortalAzrael.jpg

User Info: reagan_youth

reagan_youth
1 year ago#2
I lost hours of gameplay last night when I sat down to play. I was back on the first planet being asked to fix the ship. I was irritated and came to see if anyone was having any kinds of issues with the game. I think I am just going to delete the save and start over since I lost so much as the game was acting crazy at points after that.
Games Completed (2015) - State of Decay, Dying Light

User Info: bill114

bill114
1 year ago#3
Yes, I had this exact same thing happen and made a thread about it yesterday.

User Info: StoneRevolver

StoneRevolver
1 year ago#4
I really want to be supportive of this game, but there is so much wrong with it.
Buggiest launch I've seen in awhile.
The above statement is most likely an opinion, try not to overreact.*
Punk rock saved my life!

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
1 year ago#5
I'm glad I decided to rent first but I might just wait until they fix this before even doing that. Discovering stuff was the main thing that got me interested in this game.

User Info: Immortal_Azrael

Immortal_Azrael
1 year ago#6
New_Birdman posted...
I'm glad I decided to rent first but I might just wait until they fix this before even doing that. Discovering stuff was the main thing that got me interested in this game.

Yeah discovering things is kinda the whole point so in a way it feels like I lost all of my progress.
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/ImmortalAzrael.jpg

User Info: Wozarion

Wozarion
1 year ago#7
So yeah after dozens of crashes this time I reload and my discoveries menu is wiped like TC said...
Had been playing and naming a whole lot for 60+ hours, feels like it was the only goal to go after, I guess I will get platinum and forget about it.

Amazing huge game world ideas but poor menus, bugs crashes and no real goals or end game or stats/leaderboard to go after. If everything I spend all my time discovering just vanish after a while I don't see the point in playing any more beyond seeing a few nice looking weirdo creatures.

User Info: Matheren

Matheren
1 year ago#8
Haven't had this happen to me yet, but my sentinel and one other (I think pirate) kill milestones were reset sometime yesterday. So that's cool :|

I guess that might have an unexpected benefit if it ends up re-counting for the milestones needed to get rewards from atlas stations and anomalies. Too bad those keep looping between the same few systems for me every time they create a new waypoint....

User Info: HateWork

HateWork
1 year ago#9
I was playing earlier tonight & everything was fine. Went out for a bit, booted the game up when I got home & everything is missing. I can't discover new creatures, can't do anything. If all my s*** is gone I'm going to be really pissed off. I've probably discovered & named close to, if not more than, 100 planets.
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all going to die. Come watch tv. - Morty

User Info: Ultrakill876x

Ultrakill876x
1 year ago#10
just incase, imma backup my current save to online storage; it was working fine last time I played, but better safe than sorry
When boredom controls your life, you will eat ANYTHING, and stab anyo-OOOH look a squirrel!!!
PSN:ShadowXKaiser
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. All of my discoveries are gone

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived