SIAP - Hyrule Warriors Game Coding/Files? Midna and Tingle related

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. SIAP - Hyrule Warriors Game Coding/Files? Midna and Tingle related

User Info: NoFreakinIdea

NoFreakinIdea
2 years ago#1
I just caught wind of this via Tumblr, but apparently some dude looked into the coding or some sort of files in the game and.....found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/crediar/status/524210683383394305

Is there any false information in this? I don't believe it for a bit but it tickles my fancy somewhat. I'm not a programming nut by any means, but he makes a good point about how it's a TN game and not a Nintendo coded release. It was tweeted late October but has this already been discussed? I would think it has since it was so long ago.

TIFWIW *shrugs*

User Info: AvatarOfBagan

2 years ago#2
Midna, during the first hyrule warriors discussion at the treehouse, showed that Midna had a second weapon slot. it may have been a programming flaw, or it may have indeed been an original idea to give her a moveset as different as the great fairy for Link, but was not finished/implemented.

it may be that they wanted to make her true form a completely new character with custom outfits and animations.

However, if she is the new character from TP, there is still the new weapon and the two from MM, which I personally am assuming are Skullkid and Tingle.
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
I am one who wishes to see Ridley playable in smash bros.

User Info: Unoriginal123ab

Unoriginal123ab
2 years ago#3
crediar is a legit source.
I guess this confirms Tingle as DLC and a second weapon for Midna.

User Info: NoFreakinIdea

NoFreakinIdea
2 years ago#4
Unoriginal123ab posted...
crediar is a legit source.
I guess this confirms Tingle as DLC and a second weapon for Midna.

http://i.imgur.com/51boLpP.gif

User Info: sdcSpade

sdcSpade
2 years ago#5
I think Hair may just be a remnant of a prototype of the Shackle before they realized making different tiers of 'Hair' would be really, really weird.

User Info: TheSixthSaint

TheSixthSaint
2 years ago#6
Since you forgot to post the actual Tingle character slot and weapon codes that he found, I'll go ahead and help you out so no one jumps on ya, NoFreakinIdea.
So here's that tweet...

"Looking at code of #HyruleWarriors I found some disturbing text strings: action/model/C_TINGLE.bin.gz action/model/W_TINGLE_BALLOON.bin.gz"

Source:
https://twitter.com/crediar/status/524207499214614528

...Tingle Tingle Koolah Limpah?
Pretty sure his fans (mainly in Japan, and scattered elsewhere lol) will be happy.
I don't really care for the CLB, but I can't deny his obvious moveset potential, variety, and depth.

But just because I can, and it is...kinda funny...I did tell y'all so to be prepared for Tingle, just in case. lol
I even guessed his "weapon" right. I wonder how much else I'll will have wound up guessing right when I speculated his moveset in detail? :l

Also, I'm guessin' Dark Tingle will be an alt costume like Dark Link...but for Tingle...since, you know, he's evil and stuff. XD

Midna's second moveset leaves me with more questions than answers, to be honest. And that kinda bothers me. lol
I mean, yay Midna getting her scrapped second moveset back as suspected.
Buuut...will it just be Imp Midna fighting with her hair? That seems kinda...lamey since she did that anyway as part of her Shackled moveset, ya know?
If it's Unshackled AND fights using what we'll just refer to as "Hair-Fu" meaning some really crazy stuff like Millia Rage kinda stuff PLUS crazy(er) magic stuff than Shackled, then I'm all for it.

User Info: Mikokiri

Mikokiri
2 years ago#7
I heard somewhere that a reason on why they made the game with a Dynasty Warriors engine to peak interest in Dynasty warriors in the west (more than Japan), so why would they add in tingle if they know the west hate him?
Also, there is a Dark Alferos (or however it's spelt) and he's not playable...

And even then, there can be just text left over of scrapped ideas (such as in brawl, a pieces of text suggest that a few characters were once planned playable but are not).
http://tinyurl.com/pvw5mpe http://tinyurl.com/ldb9x22
"I AM THE PRETTIEST PRINCESS!!!!!"

User Info: TheSixthSaint

TheSixthSaint
2 years ago#8
Mikokiri posted...
I heard somewhere that a reason on why they made the game with a Dynasty Warriors engine to peak interest in Dynasty warriors in the west (more than Japan), so why would they add in tingle if they know the west hate him?
Also, there is a Dark Alferos (or however it's spelt) and he's not playable...

And even then, there can be just text left over of scrapped ideas (such as in brawl, a pieces of text suggest that a few characters were once planned playable but are not).

That is true. But we do lack one important bit of information...
Was this information datamined from the actual disc, or from the patch that added Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as well as the Master Quest DLC pack?
Because that makes a world of difference.

User Info: ClothMuffler

ClothMuffler
2 years ago#9
Wait, watching some codes mean the characters/weapons were scrapped from the vanilla edition right? We avoided plot-relevant Tingle guys xD
Official Impa of the Hyrule Warriors Board
(and here's the Biggoron's Sword she wields : https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSi7A5ghasI5BG)

User Info: SinisterSamurai

SinisterSamurai
2 years ago#10
Lol hair-fu. More people wanting Midnahime to be Bayonetta.
The world was built by sociopaths, men willing to send a million innocent boys into battle to be chopped to screaming giblets, all so a banner can be raised...
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. SIAP - Hyrule Warriors Game Coding/Files? Midna and Tingle related

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived