is it me or does jumping lag in mario challenges?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NES Remix
  3. is it me or does jumping lag in mario challenges?

User Info: Silentdaze

Silentdaze
3 years ago#11
I think people experiencing this, myself included, should post about it to Miiverse. Maybe Nintendo will notice and work on a patch. They seem to pay attention to what people post on Miiverse (Of course...emailing them might be just as effective...)

I know you are saying it just takes some adjustment, but its incredibly frustrating to me. I completely stopped playing all of the SMB challenges due to it.
Playing Pokemon Y -- 3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727 -- Safari: Tangela / Ivysaur / Quilladin
NintendoID: the1graz

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
3 years ago#12
I also think its laggy

I know SMB like the back of my hand and, it feels off.
I didn't wanna say anything incase it was just me but, yeh.

I miss jumps ive never even thought about before.
It feels stiff and delayed
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

User Info: Lemmywinks13

Lemmywinks13
3 years ago#13
Playing on my Gamepad feels perfect but on the tv is laggy for me too.
Dark RPG Wizard 06 3 years ago#14
There is something like a frame or two of input lag, but that's enough to completely screw everything up. Took me forever to nail some of the rainbow challenges.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: sdkess

sdkess
3 years ago#15
It lags for me too, and I was watching the GamePad, not my TV screen. I just played the NES game, and there is a noticeable difference in response between the two games. I was able to manage, but it was annoying to someone like me who is a veteran on the NES game.
"When will then be now? Soon."

User Info: fatpat268

fatpat268
3 years ago#16
Obviously the gamepad lags, it's streaming video to the gamepad. The gamepad will always lag behind whats on your TV screen (unless you have a particularly laggy TV). You notice it the most in games that require more precision in their controls, like SMB.

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
3 years ago#17
In the Mario Bros. Arcade Game - yes. SMB - Not really
3DS FC: 2466-2889-3929
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"

User Info: wake_me_420

wake_me_420
3 years ago#18
I'm 31 as well, so I know how it should feel and I notice it in SMB, without question when attempting last second jumps. It's not my TV because I have SMB on my Wii emu and it works perfect.
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA

User Info: Cheezeman3000

Cheezeman3000
3 years ago#19
Can also confirm, the game is laggy. Yes, the gamepad has a minimal amount of inherent lag, but as stated before, the VC version of SMB plays pretty much flawlessly. I had to retry about 20 times the first time I did a full SMB level because my jumps weren't nearly as responsive as they should be. Hope Nintendo patches this!
Currently playing: ACNL! 0387-8925-7751
FF Perfect Games Completed: VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
3 years ago#20
MEFreak1984 posted...
In the Mario Bros. Arcade Game - yes. SMB - Not really

I thought maybe it was because that game just has poor controls in general. I am not that familiar with this version which seems different from the SMB3 version and the version included with all of the GBA games
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers
  1. Boards
  2. NES Remix
  3. is it me or does jumping lag in mario challenges?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived