Celestial Fury or Short Sword of Mask?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate
  3. Celestial Fury or Short Sword of Mask?

User Info: rpj2099

rpj2099
5 years ago#1
I plan on playing through TOB with a solo Kensai then Dual Classing her to a Thief at level 13.

A few questions:

1. Do I choose the Katana Specialization for Celestial Fury or save some gold and purchase the Short Sword of the Mask?

2. Also, if I spend 5 points in a weapon specialization, do I keep them when I reach level 13 as a thief?

3. Dual Classing Advice: I was thinking Celestial Fury/Belm, Short Sword of Mask/Kudane, Short Sword of Mask/Pixie Prik, Celestial Fury/Short Sword of Mask

Which are the most effective? I also want to rp a little so please suggest weapon combinations that would find a good balance and I am not interested in using the Staff of the Ram

Thank you

User Info: tastendruecker

tastendruecker
5 years ago#2
1) Whatever you wish

2) Yes, you regain the proficiency points spent as kensai when you reach level 14 as thief. I recommend putting proficiency points only into 2 categories before dualclassing (5 into katanas and 3 into dualwielding for example) , while you're a thief put the points into other weapon categories else they're lost.

3) Short sword of Mask/Kundane looks best since you only need short sword proficiency. If you have ToB, get the use any item HLA and enough proficiency points the scarlet ninja-to is the best off-hand weapon.

User Info: RufusCorvus

RufusCorvus
5 years ago#3
As an alternative, you can install the Alter Weapon Proficiencies component from the BG2 Tweakpack to keep the original BG proficiencies and not have to worry so much about micro-managing proficiencies.

But overall, Short Sword of Mask is more useful than Celestial Fury. CF's good for SoA, but there are enemies it can't damage in ToB.

So, SSoM/Kundane if you want short swords all the way through or Use Any Item with SSoM/Scarlet Ninja-to if you install one of the proficiency alterations.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate
  3. Celestial Fury or Short Sword of Mask?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived