Mizako's Custom quest editor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. Mizako's Custom quest editor

User Info: Mizako

Mizako
1 year ago#201
Quick update (I didn't post all of them here today, so here's the last one, at least).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/di04i5ir3b5qjjs/mh4u_qe_20150727f.rar
A quick changelog :
- Encrypt button added. It works the same way as the "save" button, except it encrypts the file too.
- Latest region used is now saved in an ini file.
- UI change on the tools panel
- Stamina limited to 4 (see my response to Inferno123).
- Bug fixes.
- And a ton of little things I'm probably forgetting.
EDIT
- Intruder stats can be modified.
- Intruder can't be added if there are more than one boss group.
- And boss groups can't be added if there is an intruder.

I started to work on a way to add and remove items in the supply and rewards.
I'm planning to remove some things of the item list too, the useless or totally illegal items (books, wystone and expedition jewel).

Inferno123 posted...
All monsters stamina is 5 for each group.

This is the problem. 5 makes the game crash. For the time being, try with the stamina set between 0 to 4.

User Info: PhoenixClades

PhoenixClades
1 year ago#202
Is it possible to use this with unregistered ID's so we can make a quest from scratch, or do we have to use the base from the preexisting DLC quests? If its the former, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a small little guide(perhaps along the lines of "do this, idiot") then I would much appreciate it.

User Info: Mojo20

Mojo20
1 year ago#203
Hello Miza,
What an awesome CQ editor :)

Make a quest from scratch is complicated. But with an hex editor, you can create your own basic quest.
A preexisting quest avoid errors because of unknown values.
And you can change the ID quest to an unregistered ID's with this editor....

User Info: -xyz

-xyz
1 year ago#204
are there any monster coordinates for the polar field?

User Info: Inferno123

Inferno123
1 year ago#205
Mizako posted...
Quick update (I didn't post all of them here today, so here's the last one, at least).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/di04i5ir3b5qjjs/mh4u_qe_20150727f.rar
A quick changelog :
- Encrypt button added. It works the same way as the "save" button, except it encrypts the file too.
- Latest region used is now saved in an ini file.
- UI change on the tools panel
- Stamina limited to 4 (see my response to Inferno123).
- Bug fixes.
- And a ton of little things I'm probably forgetting.
EDIT
- Intruder stats can be modified.
- Intruder can't be added if there are more than one boss group.
- And boss groups can't be added if there is an intruder.

I started to work on a way to add and remove items in the supply and rewards.
I'm planning to remove some things of the item list too, the useless or totally illegal items (books, wystone and expedition jewel).

Inferno123 posted...
All monsters stamina is 5 for each group.

This is the problem. 5 makes the game crash. For the time being, try with the stamina set between 0 to 4.

Ok i got it to work the only thing i was missing was the quest flag. No crashed and thanks.

Mizako
1 year ago#206
PhoenixClades posted...
Is it possible to use this with unregistered ID's so we can make a quest from scratch, or do we have to use the base from the preexisting DLC quests? If its the former, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a small little guide(perhaps along the lines of "do this, idiot") then I would much appreciate it.

You can't make a quest from scratch yet. I started to work on a easy way to do it, but it will take me a while (and I need to complete other things first).

-xyz posted...

Nope. If you want to try :
X between -1000 and +1000.
Y between 0 and +200.
Z between -1000 and +1000.
It should be safe. Maybe (0,0,0) will work too.

Mizako
1 year ago#207
Latest update for today (I didn't post the others to avoid double posting, but they are available in my mediafire folder):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a11ry5d2bfgg9m7/mh4u_qe_20150728c.rar

Today changelog :
- You can now add and remove items in the reward lines.
- You can now add the subquest reward line if your quest doesn't have one. (Please tell me if you encounter a problem with it)
- Item list updated (some useless or illegal items was removed)
- Delivery condition added to the supply screen. It's currently in a "work in progress" state, more coming soon, hopefully.
- "Supply Condition" removed from the test panel.
- And some bug fixes.

User Info: Knorr

Knorr
1 year ago#208
Hi Mizako,
thank you so much for making and constantly updating such a detailed QE!

Before I was trying desperately with my friend to edit some quests, but always failed\crashed because I didnt know about the quest flags. Since I'm able to make working quests, I have been working hard to make them fun & very challenging but still balanced ;)

And I'm happy to tell you that people love them! Literally every time new people see them they go like "wow" or "thats a hell of a quest"... and when we are done we always had a great time and people want more... all thanks to you ;) (and APM, whoose editor I use too)

Keep up the good work man!

User Info: vladimir15

vladimir15
1 year ago#209
Mizako posted...
PhoenixClades posted...

You can't make a quest from scratch yet. I started to work on a easy way to do it, but it will take me a while (and I need to complete other things first).

-xyz posted...

Nope. If you want to try :
X between -1000 and +1000.
Y between 0 and +200.
Z between -1000 and +1000.
It should be safe. Maybe (0,0,0) will work too.

I have made a cq with ukanlos as main and akantor as unstable monster. Akantor spawns at 0,0,0 and ukanlos is set at 2000,0,6000 but ukanlos has a working intro vid which may change his location

Mizako
1 year ago#210
Today update :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ztit9by679mw4b/mh4u_qe_20150729b.rar
EDIT : bug fix
http://www.mediafire.com/download/44i1v2vlbxip0pa/mh4u_qe_20150729c.rar

Changelog :
- There is a new tool on the "tools" panel. Select the folder containing your encrypted quest and you can generate the encrypted DLC_EventQuestInfo files for your proxy. It's not stupid, it will ignore the decrypted files or the files encrypted for another region.

Note: it's not fully tested yet, so please tell me if you encounter an issue, especially if you play with the japanese, korean or taiwanese version of the game.

vladimir15 posted...
I have made a cq with ukanlos as main and akantor as unstable monster. Akantor spawns at 0,0,0 and ukanlos is set at 2000,0,6000 but ukanlos has a working intro vid which may change his location

Thanks. It's good to known.

Knorr posted...
Hi Mizako,
thank you so much for making and constantly updating such a detailed QE!

Before I was trying desperately with my friend to edit some quests, but always failed\crashed because I didnt know about the quest flags. Since I'm able to make working quests, I have been working hard to make them fun & very challenging but still balanced ;)

And I'm happy to tell you that people love them! Literally every time new people see them they go like "wow" or "thats a hell of a quest"... and when we are done we always had a great time and people want more... all thanks to you ;) (and APM, whoose editor I use too)

Keep up the good work man!

Thanks.
Programming is one of my hobbies, so I'm mainly doing it for fun (and to learn new things too). So, for people wondering, I will continue until I grow tired of it, whatever peoples are using it or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. Mizako's Custom quest editor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived