Cakes & Tea? (Also unlocking Maple Crescent?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
  3. Cakes & Tea? (Also unlocking Maple Crescent?)

User Info: rini124

rini124
1 year ago#11
EmmBee posted...
The tiramisu shirt request is buggy. They tell you they want yellow on top and brown on the bottom, but they won't accept the shirt until you put the brown on top and yellow on the bottom. You don't need the actual tiramisu color.

Oh! Thank you! Sounds more like they want a Flan/Japanese Pudding shirt then XP
~*Jen*~ - 3DS Friend Code: 3737-9519-1063 (Jennifer)
PSN: rini124, Xbox 360: Princcesss Jen, Wii: 2275 9197 2602 2533, Wii U: Princess.Jen

User Info: EmmBee

EmmBee
1 year ago#12
You know, you may have hit on something with that. I wonder if this is a localization screw-up because they changed it from Japanese pudding. It would make sense, since a lot of westerners have a very different concept of what pudding is. Would have made more sense to localize it as flan though.
ACNL: Mayor EmmBee from Bastille / FC: 4613 9903 6331

User Info: Ruujuu ze Batto

Ruujuu ze Batto
1 year ago#13
I had a feeling from the get-go they meant flan, because when I did the commision, I actually had it brown on top, and accidently had light orange on the bottom (i thought I had hit the yellow tab) before I had to redo it.

It's funny, because I automatically assumed that they meant "flan" when they said tiramisu (i guess my "automatic localization" radar went off, haha), and said that the shirt was supposed to be horizontal.
NNID: KonaSouma
3DS code: 1805-3553-1120

User Info: EmmBee

EmmBee
1 year ago#14
Oh well, theory crushed. I found a Japanese language guide for the game, and Google translated their FAQ. It contains a screenshot of the shirt with the following text:

It does not work request of tiramisu T-shirt

Once referred to as "different and ask the design", color scheme of tiramisu is turned upside down.
Above brown system, please try to color scheme so that the lower is yellow-based.

Localization team is off the hook for this one! Japan messed up, lol.
ACNL: Mayor EmmBee from Bastille / FC: 4613 9903 6331

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
1 year ago#15
I'm sure I did dark brown and light brown and it worked, but this was in december, so you've gotta cut me some slack here.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

rini124
1 year ago#16
Yeah, I remember there being an error in the Japanese version when a friend of mine played (which I guess they didn't know about when translating it so just did it literally instead of fixing it) and just completely forgot specifically what the problem was.
PSN: rini124, Xbox 360: Princcesss Jen, Wii: 2275 9197 2602 2533, Wii U: Princess.Jen

User Info: chuchubucket

chuchubucket
1 year ago#17
I found Rooibos Tea today--go to the Rose Garden enough times and you'll see a red teapot on the table. Snap a picture and take it to Rainbow!
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere.

User Info: jwlkr732

jwlkr732
1 year ago#18
EmmBee posted...
The tiramisu shirt request is buggy. They tell you they want yellow on top and brown on the bottom, but they won't accept the shirt until you put the brown on top and yellow on the bottom. You don't need the actual tiramisu color.

Thank you so much!!! I've been trying to trigger a event for days now! You're the best!

rini124
1 year ago#19
chuchubucket posted...
I found Rooibos Tea today--go to the Rose Garden enough times and you'll see a red teapot on the table. Snap a picture and take it to Rainbow!

Yep, I just got this myself--I actually went to it randomly and it happened with my character having tea with someone.

The Cafe cakes continue to taunt me though. I have been "invited" once for dessert, but it didn't actually show any dessert... I don't really know what to keep an eye out for with it. Is it people in the boutique/hair salon/beautician? Is it people just standing around? Do I just need to keep going to the cafe? x__x

User Info: Arekya

Arekya
1 year ago#20
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Right, so, I powered up my 3DS to check, since my guide wasn't all that helpful; and Rooibos Tea was found in December in my game and Tiramisu in January; so I would assume they're either autumn/winter only or available in all seasons and I don't recall either having a seasonal requirement - which they usually mention in the hint. Redcurrant Cake was found at the end of March, so it too may be available in all seasons, though I don't remember the hint for that one.

That should take a small load off of your mind.

I just got Rooibos the other day, and it's summer here.
3DS Friend Code: 2423 - 5639 - 6128
PSN ID: Seraiden
  1. Boards
  2. Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
  3. Cakes & Tea? (Also unlocking Maple Crescent?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived