The Depression Topic 3 - We fight the depression.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Depression Topic 3 - We fight the depression.

User Info: GTM

GTM
5 months ago#31
I am bowsercuffs
Boko United- GROUND | TITAN | MUSTAAAAAADIOOOOO!
hail DpOblivion! he did well in some contest

User Info: Zachnorn

Zachnorn
5 months ago#32
BowserCuffs posted...
On a depressingly funny/humorously depressing note, I notice that I procrastinate on things I *want* to do now.

story of my life right here

I'm looking into action anxiety. It might be something that I have, I don't know. A friend of mine admitted that they have it which made me look into it briefly a while ago. I should look into it again.
<D Sigs are overrated. Seriously.
i7-4790k @ 4.5 GHz | Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 | GTX 970 | 16GB DDR3 1600 | 250 GB SSD | 2x1 TB WD Blue

User Info: Stevie3V

Stevie3V
5 months ago#33
Hey guys, so today I finally tried to reconnect with a friend I made about a year and a half ago at college orientation that I hadn't talked to since spring of this year, I had been meaning to hit him up for a while and just never found the time. He responded quick and remembered who I was, but I found out he was diagnosed with schizophrenia (he is also going through a sex transformation, she had just started when we met, and is going fully by he now since the last time we spoke). He told me he was having a panic attack and was gonna call an ambulance but my text calmed him down, so I talked with him for a while to make sure he was alright. I was out at the time, and my phone ended up dying (I had let him know it wasn't dying beforehand so he didn't panic if I suddenly stopped responding). When I ran back to my dorm to charge my phone I couldn't get in touch with him. He wouldn't text back, didn't answer a call, and I'm a little worried. I don't know where he lives, he said he lived off campus but spends nights at his parents because his friend hadn't moved in yet and he didn't like nights alone, so I'm hoping there's someone's there with him. It's been about an hour and a half since I heard from him. Am I just being paranoid? Should I try and do something? I don't want to pin him as someone that could harm themself but I know his situation can be unpredictable. It's just really worrying me, if my attempt to reconnect and talk to him ended up putting him over the edge I don't know what do.
"she might be touch your weiner, dude" -greengravy294
twitch.tv/theeveryman - #MakeHearthstoneFunAgain

User Info: crazygamer999

crazygamer999
5 months ago#34
Try to get in contact with him again, just to get the situation down first.
The Asriel of the RPG:EE board."Don't kill and don't be killed."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: Stevie3V

Stevie3V
5 months ago#35
Yeah, I got in touch with him. I dunno, I'm normally able to keep my head when it comes to things like this, but I just didn't know what to think. He's the first actual friend I made at college, and for that first year when I struggled he was pretty much the only person I would talk to. It bothered me enough that I took so long to finally try and talk to him this semester, and to think that me doing that could've potentially made things worse was terrifying.

He's ok though, all is good. Think I was just being paranoid again.
"she might be touch your weiner, dude" -greengravy294
twitch.tv/theeveryman - #MakeHearthstoneFunAgain

crazygamer999
5 months ago#36
Hey, he matters a lot to you, and he said he just got out of a panic attack. Your paranoia was rational, if unwarranted.

User Info: Zachnorn

Zachnorn
5 months ago#37
I hate the feeling of an impending depressive period. I've been feeling it coming for the past few days. I've been getting reminded of how terrible I feel when I get into severe depression. The feeling of that coming is almost as bad as the feeling itself. It sucks because I really want to feel fine and really want to feel like I can do things to make my life better. But once that depressive feeling comes, I know I'll be emotionally paralyzed into not being able to do anything useful except for my job (though I lose productivity) and then it cycles into self-hatred.

Speaking of, I've been thinking a lot about myself and my past, and my actions to change my future and how it just hasn't worked out. I've been realizing that I hate myself more and more every year and I can't stand so many aspects of myself. I don't want to love myself. Or even like myself. But being feeling fine about myself would be enough. Boring yes, but I'd rather just not hate myself so much.

All of this is just a part of life for me now, I guess. At least, I don't know how to escape it.
<D Sigs are overrated. Seriously.
i7-4790k @ 4.5 GHz | Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 | GTX 970 | 16GB DDR3 1600 | 250 GB SSD | 2x1 TB WD Blue

crazygamer999
5 months ago#38
Well, if it hits, we'll be here to help you get through it.

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
5 months ago#39
I'm going to be alone forever.

Oh well, okay.
special shout outs to DpObliVion and JDTAY, who did well in the contest and normally play the piano when these scenes play

crazygamer999
5 months ago#40
And you believe this because...?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Depression Topic 3 - We fight the depression.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.