Hearthstone Discussion Topic: Thrall vs. Morgl, the endless cycle

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic: Thrall vs. Morgl, the endless cycle

User Info: VeryInsane

VeryInsane
6 days ago#381
9 mana is just too slow tbqh. There's a reason COTW went from ridiculous to not really seeing play anymore. That said the 4/4 is decent and curves well with Fire Ele (Jade Chieftain is just better though)

Ysera works but it's basically a grindy win con against control decks and activates dragons but other than that the only other ones are Alex, Maly, and Jaraxxus which aren't really minions so much as pure win cons

If there's one thing I'm surprised about for Pirate, it's that they didn't consider moving Frothing to wild. I feel like if they did that the power level of the deck would go down to be more reasonable
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

User Info: CybrMonkey

CybrMonkey
6 days ago#382
Any 9 or 10 mana card needs to have insane, immediate value to see play since it's the only thing you're doing on that turn and is a dead card for most of the game. In any meta where a 5/25 or whatever could be useful, you'll be dead before you can play it.
Nope.

User Info: skull_bonek23

skull_bonek23
6 days ago#383
Do you guys think this could would see play if it buffed attack too?
skull

VeryInsane
6 days ago#384
Eh actually hm

If Druid gets some playable elementals it could maybe see play in Ramp Druid but idk when it has Arrakoa and AOW which will likely just be better
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
(edited 6 days ago)
CybrMonkey posted...
It's also annoying that Zoo, which has always served as a relatively cheap competitive deck, will probably require two class legendaries.

I'm sure there will be a cheaper zoo deck. I'm still not convinced that Zoo wants to run that quest. It's so slow and you're not even guaranteed to get 6 discards in a quick game. I'm more concerned that there's nine "new" (?) archtypes locked behind legendaries. Even if they're not good, it's a little lame.

I kinda like the 7 mana 4/4. It's like a little baby Cenarius and has decent stats for the effect. Probably too unreliable, though.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.
http://backloggery.com/herodeltiempo/sig.gif

VeryInsane
6 days ago#386
Probably gonna go for legend, currently rank 2.

It just comes down to whether I want to join the dark side and play Pirate Warrior to hit it or not. I really don't think anything beats it right now (Jade Druid oppresses all of its counters and is fairly common) and I don't feel like building a Renolock/Control Warrior deck

User Info: ClyTheCool

ClyTheCool
6 days ago#387
Have you played Pirate Warrior? It's actually quite fun. The way the pirates and weapons work together feels really good. Since you are fairy close, I'd totally recommend it. I'd hate to do it from rank 20 the whole way because it starts to lose its lustre after so many games, but if it's fresh for you it should be a fun way to crash into legend.

Personally id hate to do it with the shaman decks. They don't feel good at all. There's no real synergy. Just play good cards every turn because shaman has so many good cards. Blah.
Cly at Work
So more power to North Korea for this one. Good show. - MWC

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
6 days ago#388
I've played pirate warrior. It can be fun, but it's also very oppressive. Nobody else gets to play what they want. They just try to endure you to turn 8. If they make it, they win (usually).

VeryInsane
6 days ago#389
I have. Several times. Not so much since I've gotten Golden Warrior in June but it's been mainly focusing on other decks.

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
6 days ago#390
HeroDelTiempo17 posted...

I kinda like the 7 mana 4/4. It's like a little baby Cenarius and has decent stats for the effect. Probably too unreliable, though.

It's kinda like Infernal Enforcer. 7 mana 6/6 body with the 3 mana Hellfire spell built in vs a 7 mana 4/4 body with the 3 mana 2 overload Feral Spirits spell built in.

It's slightly conditional but I think it'll be pretty easy to activate.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic: Thrall vs. Morgl, the endless cycle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.