Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
5 months ago#1
per request, although i just make a few posts here and there. definitely not many like this

I had a theory post ready but then a giant moose in a tuxedo showed up. And then Fate/stay night started happening. In any case it's all still somewhat wrapped in a mystery so here's some points i could try to figure out:

Spoilers for everything related to Episode 2 from here on

-is the entire island a "bermuda triangle" (1)
-everything about Kinzo (2)
-purgatory (3)
-Golden Land (4)
-love (5)

(1)
someone came and put a seal on her power. this means this is a real place, but stuck in a sort of Lost kind of magic spell. It's also kinda like the story of Circe from the odyssey. Anyway people are coming in and falling for this trap of an island. until someone put a seal on it. that seal's been broken in cycle 2 by Shannon but in cycle 1, she still did her thing anyway despite the mirror. so i dunno.

(2)
Kinzo clearly locked up in his room in an attempt to NOT be in contact with the witch.
He doesn't want her around him because she can read his mind. but he still wants her to kill everyone else. just not him. killing everyone else except him while participating in this roulette of Fate thing, will allow incredible success in the face of low odds to happen, which will bring about a miracle. that miracle is this door to the golden land..?

(3)
Heavy implication that it's all purgatory for the old man. Backed up by the demons of the seven sins coming in. Who is actually responsible for deciding who goes to heaven or hell? it's like, St. Matthew or something? so clearly Beato is St. Matthew. 100% solved

(4)
I have no explanation for the parts where she's talking to Battler. I think that would be the Golden Land i guess, and they all want to go to the Golden Land. So clearly they all want to go into the meta world. and discuss the visual novel instead of participating in it

(5)
love as some kind of way to see magic. Love, believing and RISK as things that make magic happen. jibberish

This is my rare "i tried" post. Overall, I get the feeling i'm being trolled.
(edited 5 months ago)

metaIslug
5 months ago#2
opinions:

-maria is best character
-I like Krauss, but he keeps dying
-Not a lot of CGs
-dress > short skirt
-dunno if playing 5-8 is important

User Info: th3l3fty

th3l3fty
5 months ago#3
1-4 are the question arcs and 5-8 are the answer arcs so
thelefty for analysis crew 2008 imo -tranny
I have a third degree burn in flame-o-nomics -Sir Chris

User Info: tcaz2

tcaz2
5 months ago#4
metaIslug posted...
that seal's been broken in cycle 2 by Shannon but in cycle 1, she still did her thing anyway despite the mirror. so i dunno.

It might help for me to say that if you see something happen before October 4th, it happens before every Episode.

The game never says it, you're just suppose to kind of figure it out on your own from context (since the 4th/5th is the gameboard Beato controls, and not anything outside it), but since you seem really confused its probably better to just say it.

metaIslug posted...
I have no explanation for the parts where she's talking to Battler. I think that would be the Golden Land i guess, and they all want to go to the Golden Land. So clearly they all want to go into the meta world. and discuss the visual novel instead of participating in it

The Tea Party of Episode 1 showed it is Purgatory.

Purgatory isn't the Golden Land.

metaIslug posted...
Overall, I get the feeling i'm being trolled.

You're definitely being trolled. The question is, by who?

metaIslug
5 months ago#5
th3l3fty posted...
1-4 are the question arcs and 5-8 are the answer arcs so

oh then this is gonna take a while. are they all the same length?

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
5 months ago#6
They're all approximately 10-15 hours, maybe a little longer, depending on how fast you read.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
http://imgur.com/ndK0zff

User Info: dowolf

dowolf
5 months ago#7
Tag
Nonsense. "Testing" is for when you're still guessing--and now, I have no need to guess. -- Agatha, Girl Genius

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
5 months ago#8
metaIslug posted...

This is basically why I couldn't stand Umineko in a nutshell. It's like Ryukishi (the author) cares more about f***ing with the readers than he does about actually telling a story.

Disclaimer: This does not mean a story isn't there, only that it doesn't feel important.
I guess DpObliVion gets to be in my sig now. His knowledge of video game popularity contests far surpasses my own.

User Info: tcaz2

tcaz2
5 months ago#9
pyresword posted...
metaIslug posted...

This is basically why I couldn't stand Umineko in a nutshell. It's like Ryukishi (the author) cares more about f***ing with the readers than he does about actually telling a story.

Disclaimer: This does not mean a story isn't there, only that it doesn't feel important.

Hmmm this isn't spoilers per-say but I'm going to spoiler tag my response to this because it might color TC's opinion one way or the other if he reads it while still reading through the series.

That's about as far from the actual truth as possible, honestly. There's actually very, very little that is in the story solely for the reason of messing with the readers. Not to say there isn't any, because there is a bit (though it's mostly very inconsequential stuff toward the end of Chiru, with almost none in the early parts), but a LOT of what you might think is purely in there to troll actually is very story focused and meaningful.

Suffice to say for TC's sake out of the spoiler tag that I disagree strongly and think that he should make his own decisions as he goes forward.

metaIslug posted...
oh then this is gonna take a while. are they all the same length?

No. The first two + Ep7 are about the same length. Ep3, 5, and 6 are slightly longer (couple hours longer, maybe). Ep4 and 8 are both substantially longer (maybe even 2x longer than Ep1 or a bit more even).
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Kamekguy

Kamekguy
5 months ago#10
I feel like occasionally Umineko does a bad job distinguishing between "Battler" and "the Reader", which allows for a kind of fascinating level of immersion but can make the narrative a bit condescending in nature until you get on its level and define the meta-character of Battler.

In short, yeah disagree with pyre in full. Especially when one half of the game is blatantly named the "question" arc and the other is named the "answer" arc. It's just an excessive level of mystery set-up.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.