Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
3 months ago#11
Kamekguy posted...
I feel like occasionally Umineko does a bad job distinguishing between "Battler" and "the Reader", which allows for a kind of fascinating level of immersion but can make the narrative a bit condescending in nature until you get on its level and define the meta-character of Battler.

Ok I originally wasn't going to say any more because as tcaz said this really isn't the topic for it but like...do you even realize what you're saying? The fact that you can say something like this at all is a sign that I'm at least talking about a real thing here regardless of whether or not you view it as a problem.
I guess DpObliVion gets to be in my sig now. His knowledge of video game popularity contests far surpasses my own.

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
3 months ago#12
Umineko f***s with the player a lot but it's f***ery tends to have a purpose. The end result isn't always perfect but it gives you a lot of "OH s***" moments so I'm happy with it.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
3 months ago#13
There's only one instance where it felt like Ryuukishi was insulting my intelligence as a reader, and I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate shot, too.

Not really the place to talk about that though.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
http://imgur.com/ndK0zff

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
3 months ago#14
Gouge the topic and tag.
Fuhlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr-- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehr.

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
2 months ago#15
I read some more. Kanon shows up dying from the back-door, gets brought to the servant room. Then possession happens, he freaks out over cobwebs (iktf bro), and kills two people.

So she is possessing others. Got that one right at least.

This was obvious for a long time, but it's gotta be this right. Being furniture means being a familiar. Kinzo probably gave them powers, or probably created them himself. In any case they , Kanon, Shannon, Genji, exist on the same level as the tuxedo moose

The only other explanation I have for Kanon using magic is that as long as someone believes that they can use magic, they can use it. No matter who they are. That would be so dumb. I bet thats what it is.

If you asked me to explain everything right now. It goes like this: Witch has divine power, is a sort of god-like creature. She judges over if humans are good or bad. Lives on an island and people are drawn to it somehow. She traps them and makes them live out all the bad aspects of their character. So in this case, Kinzo was trapped, and now he is being made to see his family die over and over again, in hope that maybe he would learn to love them. This love, would then be the miracle that opens the way to heaven for Kinzo.

But this completely ignores the part about finding the Gold . I also keep thinking that there's 2 Beatos.

probably 0% of this post is right

anyway game is very long

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
2 months ago#16
Aw yeah keep it comin'
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
http://imgur.com/ndK0zff

Raka_Putra
2 months ago#17
Hasn't Kinzo lived the island for long though?

metaIslug
2 months ago#18
Raka_Putra posted...
Hasn't Kinzo lived the island for long though?

Yes. And he says she died sometime during that period. Even though she says she's lived for a thousand years. That's throwing me off.

Raka_Putra
2 months ago#19
I meant that as a response to this part specifically
metaIslug posted...
She judges over if humans are good or bad. Lives on an island and people are drawn to it somehow. She traps them and makes them live out all the bad aspects of their character.

metaIslug
2 months ago#20
Yea. I just thought With her weird time travel i could sorta see that happening anyway. But if you're pointing it out it's probably because it's wrong
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko Tea Party *progressive spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.