"you did WHAT?" -- MAJORA'S MASK part two

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. "you did WHAT?" -- MAJORA'S MASK part two

User Info: ctesjbuvf

ctesjbuvf
1 week ago#31
Couldn't agree more. Her whole character looks a lot better on 3DS.
No matter your determination, you will never be good enough to be both the Last Man Standing and the top Guru in 2015 like DpOblivion!

User Info: DeepsPraw

DeepsPraw
1 week ago#32
I feel like you need OoT comparison pics to get the point across.

When MM took the Malon model from OoT, her boobs were made bigger

MM3D just took the Malon model from OoT3D and didn't change it at all
pepsi for tv-game

User Info: transience

transience
1 week ago#33
pirate's fortress time! the defining theme of this segment was "making it hard on yourself".

I start out this 72 hours with entering the fortress. my goal is to get in and out within that time.. which turns out to not be a great goal. we'll get there.

the beginning of this dungeon is pretty straightforward and standard. hit a switch, swim through a gate, hit a button, shoot an arrow, etc etc. I get shooed out of the area by currents a couple of times but it's really simple to keep going. nothing is particularly tricky until you get to the gerudo guarding the area. Ocarina time!

I do a lot of staking out here. arrows don't knock down permanently anymore?! ugh! I start shooting arrows like crazy to knock everyone out but blah, by the time I get to the ladder, they return. fortunately, for some stupid reason, they don't kick you completely out of the fortress. thank god for that. I approach a second time and get stopped by whatever my fairy's name is saying that there's something nearby. I pull out my invisible eye thing and find a dude there. I get to him and he mentions having something special for me but he needs something that will make him feel better. ugh! time to warp out of here. I warp over to town and try to find a potion shop.

I go literally everywhere and come to the conclusion that there isn't a potion shop in town. I remember that witch in the southern swamp and go 'oh man, do I really need to go rescue her to move forward?' I warp over there to check and yeah I do. I was about to do it until I realize that I'd have to go all deku link and ugh. I know there has to be other places so I warp over to the goron area - no luck - and the zora area - score! red potion it is. I sneak back into the fortress, get caught once and then get to him.

https://i.imgur.com/RUmbstX.jpg

okay, now we're talking! I spent a full day doing all that but hey, we're in there. I actually consider restarting the day here, and I probably should have, but no, screw that. we're going hard here.

the stone mask is hilarious. I'm just knocking these chicks out with my sword now because yeah f*** them. I move forward to a room where the girls can randomly see me. I have to knock over a conspicuous beehive to scare them off. hookshot! feels long overdue, man. one thing that kinda sucks about majora is your inventory. you equip a bow and a bomb and that's literally all you would ever need. finally, I can swap in a new item. I've been seeing hookshot spots everywhere so I'm real happy to see this. it seems to be the longshot too.

finally, it's time to do what I came here to do - steal some eggs. there are some minibosses here that are absolutely pathetic. I think it's because I have my uber-sword. they go down in 2 or 3 hits. I don't even try to dodge them because they do pathetic damage. I beat one and get an egg. hookshot up, get into the water and.. how the hell do I get this thing? I try all kinds of insanely stupid suggestions. I try diving with human Link to see if I can pick it up that way. nope. I try bombing the glass to get it open. nope. I spend like 6 hours of game time doing utterly stupid things. I look it up and.. oh, a bottle. once again, I am dumb.

4 eggs, 3 bottles, huh? it's really going to make me warp out? fine, fine. get three eggs, beat three bosses, warp back and drop them at the aquarium. sneak back in again, get the last one and go. the map showing where the entrances are was a big help here. no struggles like I had with the four guys in gerudo valley in Ocarina.

I snap a picture of one of the girls and drop off my last egg. I have about 24 hours to go. I sure hope I can get these last three and do whatever without having to restart. it wouldn't be the absolute worst but I'd rather not have to do it! at least I have 3 bottles.
xyzzy

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 week ago#34
You can buy Red Potion at the Trading Post btw

transience
1 week ago#35
yeah, not at night though
xyzzy

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 week ago#36
Wait, seriously?

I'm pretty sure it's open 24/7 and doesn't have restrictions like that

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
1 week ago#37
Did they change the location of the Stone mask guy in 3DS or something?
(message deleted)

transience
1 week ago#39
yeah, he's right in the fortress now
xyzzy

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
1 week ago#40
Weird, he used to be in Termina Field I think.

It makes sense since he was super hard to find without a FAQ and also this is the one place where the mask is needed the most, though. I was thinking we'd have to point him out to you.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. "you did WHAT?" -- MAJORA'S MASK part two

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.